O3

THEY SAY THAT jealousy is just a lack of self - confidence, which is why I am always in that state. Seeing how Marven is on all occasions fenced by Ramona; the girl with honey - sweet voice that swirls around in the ether of our school with figure that made her an ideal model, made me self – conscious; it reminded me of the remarks immature boys spat about my body.

"Should I go for it?" Ramona asked as we both witnessed Marven signaling her to approach him. He tapped on his watch, indicating recess was going to end but I think deep down, Ramona wanted to stall time.

"You love him right? Go for it!" I insisted.

"Not sure about the love part. But alright, I guess I have nothing to lose."

They both leaned in a little, and as his lips almost touched hers, I saw her panic a bit. I should have moved to the corner of the cabin knowing what was going to happen next and to fulfill my duty, but being the one who she talks about all her romance encounters to; I thought I deserve to witness her first kiss. Or maybe I remained still so I could picture myself as Ramona, getting a taste of Marven's sensual lips.

Ramona told me she had never kissed a guy before, and I knew she was worried about rejection. She pulled away, frightened. He understood her fear, and thus leaned a little to the right and planted a kiss on her cheeks instead.

When she reopened them, we saw him smiling a bit. They both leaned in for another kiss, and this time, she kissed him with everything she had. Her worries seemed ridiculous as she savored in shades of scarlet.

At that moment, I couldn't help but curse dreadful things upon her. I found myself contradictory; on one hand I knew I didn't deserve him, but on the other I thought of myself the only one deserving of him. As they moved in sync, I could feel him drifting away from me and maybe that's why he asked her out instead of me. I mean, why wouldn't he? She was a beautiful reincarnation of a Greek goddess with the heart of an angel, and I had a rotten personality to match with my appearance.