end note

Thank you so much to everyone who read Maybe, Probably or the older version of it titled Parallel Lines. It truly is a very special book to me and to have all of your support means the absolute world. As I've mentioned earlier, this story is based off real life events and it took me roughly three years to complete writing it since I has multiple endings in mind, as there were no endings to "Marven" and I in real life.

The first ever ending I decided was to have Marven recite a love speech, looking upon Ramona, only to end it with "I love you Laurette." At that moment, I thought it was a pretty clever plot twist and a happy ending for the readers. But a while later, I found it just wasn't realistic; it is the exact type of ending I'd find in a rom - com and I didn't want my story to be in that genre. I wanted my story to be real, raw and I wanted people to realize that not every story has to have a happy ending. And not every happy ending has to have the main characters end up together.

So that's where the second ending comes in. I had Laurette end up with Wallace so my readers could take in that they shouldn't be afraid to change their prince's (or princess') name. High school relationships never last for long anyway, so they needn't be stuck on one person for years. Explore, get to know more people and you'll be surprised by the hidden traits everyone own. Of course, after I wrote that ending, "Wallace" and I broke up and I was upset with him so I didn't want my hard work to have him as the focus.

And that's when the third ending came in. It was a dark period of my life. Wallace broke my heart and I had nobody to turn to, and what did my dumbass do? I started flirting with Neptune (my first ex aka the guy who left me for my friend), badmouthing Wallace to him. I was so vulnerable that I was ready to grasp and hold onto whatever attention he gave me, even if just little.

In my mind, I had scenarios of Neptune and I getting back together, though knowing it was unrealistic. So I did what I normally do when I know something wouldn't happen; I make it happen in my story. In my third ending, Neptune and Laurette stumble across each other in a diner Laurette worked at and the two reconnects. But then in real life, he tortured with my feelings yet again and I had no choice but to cut down all of his scenes; he didn't deserve to be written about.

Which brings us to the forth and hopefully, final ending for the story. It felt strange, yet magical to have a lengthy conversation with Marven after shutting each other out so when we made plans to go out, I knew whatever happened at the outing would be the ending to my story. I didn't set high hopes because I didn't want to be disappointed again, but hearing him agree to our pact was delightful and I knew in that moment that I wanted our pact to be the long awaited ending. And I know this time, there would be no addition to our story because he's heading for junior year at another school and I returned to our country for work; it'll be a long time before we meet again.

But hey, who knows? I might just update this story when we get married in our forty's..

Follow me wherever I go:

Twitter | @lillyloulijia
Instagram | @lillyloulija
Email | lillytouthang13@gmail.com

If you're still reading this, comment a heart (❤) on my message board. I will appreciate it.