O4

"YOUR LIPS TASTE like blueberries," She notified him, adding a little giggle to break the silence. We all laughed, before I felt tears falling out from my eyes. I was unsure what contents my tears were made of though.

"Laurette? Are you crying?" Marven asked me, still embracing Ramona in his arms. I would have found this scene rather adorable, if it wasn't for the fact that this happened to be the spot Neptune and I planned to share our first kiss. Of course, given that we were only thirteen at the time with conservative parents, we never got down to business.

"Yeah." I said, removing my glasses and wiping the stains off them.

"Why?"

"Just felt like a proud mother to see Ramona finally finding someone whose intentions are to stay. I hope you don't turn out like the boys she used to like, because if you ever break her heart, I'm going to break your face." I warned him. As much as I do not want that pretty face of his to be destroyed, that part was true. Being someone that enrolled into the academic system late and thus being elder than half my batch mates, I have always looked upon Ramona as my little sister. In the past seven years of knowing her, I've done everything in my power to keep bitter girls that intends on stealing her love interest and sly boys who preys upon her away.

So you can see how ironic it is that I've turned into one of those bitter girls.

"Okay Miss Luna, I won't. You can trust me." Marven smiled, the corners of his lips hooked themselves to my heart.

I was uncertain about this feeling. I wasn't going to let myself fall for someone and let them ruin me again, when I'm capable of doing it on my own, but seeing the way his eyes reflected sincerity; those almond - shaped eyes that shone with passion, forced me into having forbidden thoughts.

The period we had after recess was science. Mrs. Thomas partnered me up with Marven for our project about astronomy which made me drunk with joy; they are two of my favorite things. While Marven spoke to me, I couldn't help but stare at his dimples. He captivated me by the way he brushes his dark brown hair that resembled silk and the way it tickled his face as the autumn wind blew against it. The way it sways and framed his face made him look like a Calvin Klein model.

Even if the rest of his soccer team (who I'll admit are all quite attractive) approached me and drew as much attention to them as possible, it would be of no use. They were nothing compared to him; he was the reincarnation of a Greek god while they were warriors fighting for attention. It is impossible for me to not fall in love with him.

Our teacher switched off the lights and made us watch a video about the solar system. Marven couldn't help himself but say to me, "your smile is like a black hole; nothing can escape its pull."

He watched me beam in the open darkness; my bright crescent moon smile as brilliant as the presentation of the star - studded sky above us. I tried to suppress my smile but a feeling of happiness broke loose. I never felt this way before, but when I was with Marven, I feel like a different person. But of course, he responded in laughter as it's a trait of his to whisper pick - up lines to all the girls he's friends with.

The forbidden feeling was growing stronger and I felt overwhelmed; I'm not allowed to express to anyone how I feel. If I told anyone I like Marven, I know they'd laugh in mockery, and wait for the announcement of my rejection by him. I am terrified of the judgment I will receive, and more terrified of how that would change his perceptions about me. He is after all the star athlete who exceeded in his studies, and has the most gorgeous girl on campus as his girlfriend, and I am just the writer of the class; the one who can only experience romance through writing.

I know it in my guts that even when all the stars align, I will never be his love. So what's the point of him or anyone knowing? It wouldn't form a love as great as Romeo and Juliet, only a tragedy as miserable as theirs.