Chapter 18

'Sydney!!!! Sydney wake up!!!!' Dean was screaming.

'What! What's wrong' Sydney said sleepily. Rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

'The place is on fire, we have to get out, grab the dogs!' Dean yelled.

Sydney was shocked awake. She looked around and all she could see was smoke. She looked over at her alarm clock. 4:17 am.

She ran out into the living room. The dogs were barking from the couch so she made her way over and grabbed them. 'Dean!! Dean! Where are you' Sydney screamed.

'I'm here! Get out!' He yelled.

Sydney made her way out the door. Carrying a dog under each arm. She began to cough and gag from the smoke. She lost control of one of the dogs and it ran off. 'Ah hell, come back here dog!' She yelled after the dog, she wasn't quite sure which one had gotten away from her. Sydney ran to the car and put the other dog inside. Once she knew that the dog was safe she ran after the other. She knew there was a spot that Dean liked to take them to go to the bathroom. So she headed off in that direction.

'Come here! Come to me. It's ok' she said as she spotted the dog, scared under a tree. 'You're ok now' she said as she picked up the dog.

'But you're not'

Sydney turned and there he stood.

'John'