Chapter Five: work work work

After an hour of serving drinks, My feet felt as if they wanted to shrivel up and fall off. Alexis had me delivering drinks all night, it was abnormally busy tonight. I had more money I had ever had in my life, and surprisingly it just kept coming. Candace had stopped by and gave me a small bag and told me to put all my earnings in there. I stored it behind the bar in an empty space.
"So, I found out why there's so many people here." Alexis stated, as she poured a few more drinks
"Why?" I asked, leaning against the bar
She handed me two drinks, and then said "I guess the boss is having a small speech addressing and thanking all his loyal costumers." She then did a small happy dance, making me laugh "which means tonight we get GIFT BAGS!!"
I laughed, "gift bags?"
"Oh yeah, we get bags filled with a whole bunch of cool stuff!!" She then added, "oh those drinks go to those ones in the middle floor."
I carried the drinks to the men in the middle floor, in the middle of an heated argument. I set the drinks down in front of the men gently.
"Is there anything else, you will be needing?"
One guy looked up at me, his dark eyes glaring at me, his eyes then settled on the man across from him.
"Love? Could you do me a favor and take a seat?" He asked in a Australian accent.
I was a little taken a back, "I'm sorry sir but I'm -" I managed to get out, my voice sounding scared.
He tisked and then said "refusing a costumer?" A mischievous twinkle in his eyes.
"No, sorry, I'll sit down" I was about to sit on the spare seat in between the two men, the Australian man grabbed my hips and pulled me unto his lap. I let out a quiet Yelp, trying not to freak out. The feeling of sitting on a muscular mans lap, in any other situation appealed to me, but right now I was scared.
"You see, my friend here is trying to sell me out." He stated coldly, he reached forward and grabbed the glass and took a large drink. "But, what he didn't know, was that I was keeping watch on him... While he was conducting all his secret meetings with all my enemies."
The other man was about to butt in, his face turning red with rage. The man I was... Sitting on, but his hand up and stopped him from talking. His other hand gently massaged my thigh.
"What do you think I should do?" He asked me, his eyes peering at me curiously, "and I want your honest answer.. I don't want the automated answer all you girls have when I ask you something." He snarled the last part.
I looked down at my hands, and then right back at him "I think you should be more careful of the company you keep.." I said, my voice sounding frightened but sure.
The man looked at me for a second, he looked surprised at my answer "what should I do to him?" He asked, never breaking eye contact
"He's bound to have some dirt on him... " I pondered, then added "use that, and bury him..."
Both the men grew insanely quiet, and I instantly regretted what I said. I quickly stood up, grabbed the tray and walked back towards the bar. Alexis was still making drinks, oblivious as to what just happened. I stood there and the feeling of dread filled my stomach. Both those men were powerful men, I should have just give them a stupid answer and that would have been that... But nooooo I had to go ahead and open my mouth.
After nearly two hours, I seen everyone suddenly grow quieter and they all sat down at the tables that were in the middle floor close to the stage. Girls were spread throughout entertaining the guests, and the lights in the club grew darker than before and suddenly the light that pointed on the stage grew brighter. I held my breath, as a man walked unto the stage. It was the boss. He was devilishly handsome and the hue of the light added to his allure. His slicked black hair had one stand that fell unto his face. His dark coal eyes glinted, and a small smirk graced his lips. I couldn't look away from him, he looked like sin.
"Welcome gentleman." He said, his voice was velvet, "to the gentleman's club..."
His voice is as melodic as it was hard. He spoke about the tradition and integrity of the club, he then went on to thank all his loyal costumers. He ended the speech with the promise of continuing this underground tradition as long as the loyalty was there. And of course people broke into applause, after his speech was done. He walked off the stage and shook hands with probably some of the most famous business moguls in the world. Girls surrounded him, seeing to his every need. He dismissed their presence, only once in awhile wrapping his arm around a waist..
I moved back to the bar and watched from afar. He was powerful and I could tell he was highly respected. I watched him, and just as I was about to look away. His eyes found mine. My breathing hitched, and suddenly the noise around me quieted. He smirked. I quickly looked away, suddenly feeling self-conscious.

AUTHORS NOTE:
Hello bitches it's me. It's been a minute since I updated, I've been super lazy and writers block was sooooooo real. Lol. So how do you like this chapter?
Alsoo I'm making chapters a bit shorter, so lemme know if you prefer shorter chapters more often? Or longer chapters less often?
Comment below

My head is a jungle