chapter sixteen: lure and bait

I stealthily made my way out of the club. I zipped my sweater up and shoved my hands in the pockets. I didn't want to be near Leo. The things he did to my body... It felt amazing, but I knew he was dangerous. I knew that I shouldn't have let that happen, I shouldn't get involved with him. But I wanted to feel like that over and over and over again; but not with Leo. With some other person... But I knew that was impossible. The guy I wanted was engaged for god sakes. 

I walked along the street. The more I thought about the club, the more I wanted to quit. After a few more minutes of walking I came to my decision. I was going to quit. I was done. I found an empty park bench and sat down letting out a tired sigh. I already felt like a weight was lifted off my chest. 

I looked up at the building across from me. 

It was Candice's apartment. It was in a nicer area and it was super expensive. I thought back to how much money I have saved these past few weeks. I had enough to live comfortable for a year or so. But I'd have to find a real job soon enough. A part of me was super happy that I was going to live a normal life, but another part of me liked the way I was currently living. It was like a never ending sleepover. Candice and I had so much fun within the last few weeks. 

It was still early out, the sun was setting and the city looked beautiful. I stood up from the bench and made my way to a very familiar bookstore. I walked inside and was greeted warmly. I talked a little with the owner and then made my way to my favorite spot, grabbing a random book from the shelf. I sat down on the comfy couch. The book wasn't interesting. But I managed to finish half of it. 

I must have dozed off for quite sometime, before I felt a light hand nudge my shoulder. 

"Dear, the store is closing soon." The nice lady kindly smiled at me, 

"Oh! I'm so sorry!" I apologized, and then put the book back on the shelf and then quickly made my way out of the store. Once I exited the store, I checked my phone. 

I had countless missed calls from candice.  

and one message:

Get home NOW.

My stomach dropped with fear. I felt a rush of anxiety rush through my body. I wonder what happened? Candice never sounds like that. I instantly thought about my brother, hopefully he's okay. I sped up and ran down the corner and towards the apartment. Luckily it wasn't too far. 

I took the elevator up and found our door. 

I unlocked it with the key, and pushed it open. 

"Candice? What's going on?" I called out into the dark apartment, turning to the side and flicking on the lights. 

I faced back around and to my complete horror, a dark figure was leaning against the windowsill. 

"What took you so long?" 

I felt lightheaded. 

I couldn't speak. 

AUTHORS NOTE:

YO. 

If you want a double update, comment ur favorite emojis and I will post it. 

Spam the comments. 

I didn't edit this chapter as usual lol.