Chapter fifteen: Silence

***********************************************************

ADULT CONTENT. YOU WERE WARNED ;)

***********************************************************

I was on the stage. Tonight I asked to dance. I needed to get my mind off everything that happened yesterday. After that incident, I called in sick and decided to stay in and cry myself to sleep. I didn't want to be the reason why a couple broke up. I didn't tell Candice what had happened, I was way too embarrassed. 

I twirled around the stage, swaying my hips back and forth when the music grew slow. I crawled up the pole and wrapped myself around it, slowly and sensually sliding down. 

Money was being rained on the stage. 

I could feel all eyes on me. 

But I didn't feel uncomfortable, because my mind was somewheres else. 

I knew that tonight carter was here, and he would be asking me why I gave back the neckless... but wasn't the answer obvious? He had a fiancee and I didn't want to be the other woman. I was never going to talk to him again. I hoped he stayed away. It was for the better. 

I had seen my boss lurking around the club earlier, as moody as ever. Although he had not spared me one single look, but as I looked off into the crowd; I could see him in the back watching me. 

His eyes raked my body, I was watched him just as intently. His dark eyes roamed up my body and our eyes met. I held our gaze and suddenly a small smirk made its way unto my lips. 

I twirled around once more, our eyes connected once more. 

The music slowed, so on this twirl I ground unto the pole, when I looked over to where he used to be; he was gone. 

I continued until the song ended, and after I got off the stage, the girls quickly picked up my money and promptly handed it to me, all the while congratulating and gushing about how great my performance was, I thanked them and talked to them for awhile. Surprisingly most of them were really nice, and some came from backgrounds like I. 

I went back towards the dressing room and fixed my hair and cooled off for a bit. 

"Your boyfriend is here to see you." I heard an unimpressed voice come from behind me. 

I looked into the mirror to find two dark smoldering eyes watching me, they were almost hypnotizing. 

"I don't have a boyfriend." I said flatly, trying to seem unaffected by his presence. 

Leo scoffed and then ran his hands through his black hair, it looked so soft... I wanted to run my fingers through it. He leaned against the wall behind me. He radiated power. It was honestly suffocating, but I loved it. Did I honestly just admit that?  He looked like a fallen angel,  I tried my best to keep my hormones in check. 

"Last time I checked, he had a fiancee." He made a tsk'ing noise and then added with sarcasm, "I didn't pin you to be that type of girl."

A wave of anger spread throughout my body. I stood up and faced him. 

"First of all, I'm not that type of girl." I air quoted with my fingers, and then I stepped closer to him, "And second of all, It's non of your business."

Something flickered in his eyes. Anger? possibly. 

"Everything you do is my business." He said lowly 

I rolled my eyes, "Okay, whatever Psycho."

I went to move around him to get back to the lounge area. I was done with this conversation. He moved in front of me, blocking my path. I looked up at him angrily. He stared down at me intensely. Christ, he was tall. I made the fatal mistake of inhaling. He smelt good too. fuck.