(13) Date Night

Sunday morning and Reagan was the first to rise. She flicked her eyes over to her sleeping friend and smiled. She could tell Isabel was happy to have met Sebastian yesterday and Reagan couldn't blame her. For the past 3 years Isabel had not had a partner since Zach and her parted ways. Zach wasn't a bad partner to Isabel, but they weren't for each other. It hurt Isabel when they separated and Reagan was there to console her friend. But now that Sebastian was in her life, Reagan saw Isabel truly light up for the first time. She sighed to herself with contentment - her friend had a chance to be really happy.

As she stepped out of the shower 20 minutes later, Isabel was sitting up in her bed rubbing her eyes.

"Morning Isa."

" Morning Rea. What time is it?"

"9:15am"

"Wow you're up early!" Isabel laughed.

"Hey i can be an adult sometimes!" She winked.

Both girls had the Sunday to themselves, their editing of the interview would commence the next day. So once they were both ready they stepped out into sunny Manhattan.

The whole day was spent talking and laughing about yesterday, with Reagan constantly poking fun at Isabel about Sebastian.

"You know...Isabel Stan doesn't sound so bad." Reagan smirked.

Isabel could only smile with fake amusement. In truth, Isabel could think of nothing else other than her date with Sebastian in a few hours. What would she wear? Would he still like her? What if she made an idiot of herself? The list of negatives was beginning to look frightful.

"Would you chill please? the man couldn't stop talking and staring at you. He's into you! Just go and have fun and let me know if you're not gonna come home." Reagan laughed as her friend punched her in the arm.

Before either of them realised it was close to 3:30pm and thought it best to head back to the hotel. Isabel had not planned on going on a date while she was in NY, so when they reached their room and she had to choose an outfit, she was stumped.

"Bloody hell I've got nothing. Everything is too...professional." Whined Isabel as she threw a pleated skirt and frilled tank top onto the bed.

"No wait just keep looking. Surely there's something concert worthy here." Argued Reagan. Both girls had been to their share of concerts back home, so they knew that comfort was a major point when choosing an outfit. But in this case, so was sexiness.

"Hang on hang on! What do we have here?" Reagan exclaimed as she rifled through Isabel's suit case. Moments later she resurfaced holding faux leather jeans. Isabel frowned at her friend and said,

"Reagan that couldnt be more formal! I cant wear that!"

"Oh my love just wait." And Reagan dove head first once more into her suit case before emerging with a white tank top.

"Look this is perfect!" She exclaimed.

Isabel watched as Reagan turned the shirt to face her and Isabel realised that the plain white tank in fact had a large print of the band "The Kills" on the front.

"Where did that come from?" Isabel asked.

"Remember when we went on that road trip and we stopped at a gas station because you spilled coffee on your shirt? I think you bought this and never took out of the suit case! Looks like it's fate." Spoke Reagan.

Isabel raised her eyebrows and thought...maybe she was right.

After a quick spot clean and iron, the shirt along with the jeans were laid out on the bed.

Reagan helped Isabel with her make up - aiming for an "I'm effortlessly cool" look - achieved with a dark smokey eye, nude lips and slight blush. Isabel's hair was pin straight with it parting right down the middle, framing her soft features. Finally, it was time to don the outfit. Isabel hiked up the jeans to around her knees then threw on the shirt. She then finished zipping up the pants with the shirt tucked in showing off her small waist and generous hips. She looked at herself in the mirror and thought for the first time in a long time

I could have him if I wanted.

That outfit was the confidence boost she needed to head out her hotel door. Once she had fitted her boots firmly onto her feet and gathered her essentials into a small cross over bag and headed for the door.