Wish List And A Bike

A/N: This is for my two favorite readers who requested me to update, Clarissa2468 and Kassieb100  .
"Nice board." Harry says, as I enter the lounge. After finally calming my nerves, and stowing away my embarrassment, I decided to join the boys. Harry is standing in front of the soft board that I've hung on the wall beside the television.
"Thanks," I mutter. I take a seat on the couch, and stare at the tv.
"What's this?" I look up to find Harry staring at my Wish List.
"It's a Wish List." I say, matter-of-factly.
"What's that?" I get up and join Harry.
"My Wish List has a wish that I've made for each day." I explain, placing my finger on Saturday. "My wish for today is that I find a book I really want to read. The stores don't have it in stock, but I thought I'd try my luck again today."
"So did you find it?" Harry asks, his eyes reading my other wishes.
"I didn't have a chance to go to the store today, so my wish hasn't been completed."
"We can go now," Harry says. I laugh and wave my hand in the air, as if to dismiss the idea.
"Harry, I can't leave you and Gregg and head out to find a book." I say, taking a glass from the tray and taking a sip of cold Coke.
"I'll come with you." Harry sits down beside me. Very close to me. I eye the space between us and realize that there's none.
"No, it's okay. I'll head by the stores on Monday," I say. I turn to face Harry and he has an indecipherable look in his eyes.
"Well, I want to go and buy a book." Harry gets up and holds his hand out for me to take.
"Harry, sit down and enjoy the movie." I motion toward the tv with my chin. I have no idea what's playing.
"Mus, be nice to me, I'm your guest. Let's go," Harry insists. Huffing, I take his hand and place the glass on the table. That look in his eyes is stubbornness, I decide. Next time, I'll watch out for that look.
"Yeah, don't worry about me, I'll be fine at home." Gregg says, looking at our hands. Hastily, I remove mine from Harry's and start to chew on the inside of my cheek. I'll be drawing blood pretty soon.
"Bye," Harry says. He gives Gregg a small wave and leads the way out of the lounge, as if he owns the place.
"I have to go and grab my wallet," I say. I turn to head toward my room, but Harry grabs my hand, stopping me from doing so.
"I'm going to pay."
"What?! No," I shake my head. I try to remove his hand from mine, but his hold is very tight.
"Mus, my mum's always taught me that when we go to a person's house for the first time, we take a gift. However, I didn't have the time to get you one, so this book will be a gift from me to you." I shake my head stubbornly.
"I don't accept gifts from guests who come to my house for the first time," I say. Harry chuckles and shakes his head.
"Do you even hear what you're saying? Does your mouth and brain have a filter?" I pout, wondering if I should feel offended, or take it as a joke and play it off.
"Harry, no means no."
"Mus, are you saying that I shouldn't listen to my mother?" Harry leaves my hand and crosses his arms across his chest.
"Well...no," I say unsurely. When he puts it like that I sound like the bad guy.
"Then let's go!" Harry whines like my step-brother. Sighing, I raise my hands and slam them against my thighs.
"Fine! Let's go," I concede. Harry smiles, satisfied that he won this round and turns on his heel toward the front door. I follow him, and grab my jacket off the coat hanger, shutting the door behind me. When I hear the sound of the engine, I look up to find a bike parked in front of my door. I raise my eyebrows, a small smile making it's way onto my lips.
"Sweet ride." I say, heading toward the bike and Harry, a little more excited than I was before. He seems surprised for some reason.
"You l-like it?" Harry asks, raising his eyebrows. He swings his right leg over the bike, straddling it.
"Of course! I've always wanted to ride on a bike and now my wish is being fulfilled." I've never ridden on a bike, so I'm a little nervous.
"Mus, just swing your leg over like me and hold on tight." Harry says, noticing my nervousness.
"Okay." I copy Harry, and settle myself behind him. The bike isn't very long, so Harry and my legs are touching. Looking down at our joint legs, I realize that I'm still in my heart pajamas that Harry commented on earlier. To hell with it! I drop my hands to my sides, unsure what to hold on to. Harry grabs my handswithout turning around, and places them across his torso.
"Mus, hold on tight, I'll be driving pretty fast." Harry warns me, a smile in his tone. "We need to have dinner as soon as possible, I'm famished."
"Okay," I say unsurely. "We need to have dinner?"
"Yeah, I've already ordered and left the cash with Gregg." The bike lurches forward and my front gets pressed to Harry's back. He sucks in a deep breath, and my cheek chewing begins. Harry said he already ordered, but I didn't see him ordering.
"Harry, were you planning on taking me out before I mentioned my wish for the day?" I ask him curiously.
"Yeah," Harry says nonchalantly. I place my chin on Harry's shoulder, so that I can see his face. "I was planning on taking you for a drive and now we're going for a drive and to the bookstore."
"Harry, you're a sneaky...person." The word that I want to call him stops in my throat.
"I'll take that as a compliment." Harry smiles smugly, and his hair brushes against my face.
"You know, I liked your long hair. But this style makes you look younger," I say.
"Thanks. A lot of people have different views regarding my hair, and I hate it. I hate it because nobody asks me just how I like my hair." There's a tinge of anger in Harry's voice. I made the same mistake. I didn't ask him what he felt about his hair, I just told him my opinion.
"How do you like it, Harry?" My eyes scan his face for anger toward me, or disappointment. For some reason, I feel like I've let him down.
"I liked my long hair...a lot. But then because of the movie I had to cut it, and after that I didn't let it grow." Harry shrugs his shoulders. "I've gotten used to short hair. One day, Mus, I'll grow it out again."
"I'll be waiting for that day," I whisper.
"I'm making a turn now, lean toward the direction of the turn." Harry instructs and I nod my head. He makes a right turn and both of our bodies - like one - turn toward the right. "Good job, Mus! Do that on each turn, okay?"
"Got it," I say.