Chapter Ten-Baby steps

Two weeks had passed and Adam and I have gotten closer. Not to mention he has also been spending a lot of time with Tim behind closed doors. Now if I was that type of petty person, which I'm not. At least I don't think I am. I would immediately start thinking of low key rainbows. Remind you again I'm not and my brothers straighter than an arrow and as far as I can see Adam is straight. Please God let him be straight. Other than that I would sometimes get a little jealous, but I get over it... eventually.

I laid on my bed with my eyes closed until I heard a knock come from downstairs. Being the potentially lazy person that I am, I waited for someone else to answer it. I really didn't feel like getting up. Last night I was tortured with nightmares, I'm tired, my back hurts and my feet are sleep. Sooooooo, yup. That is why I am temporarily unavailable.

The knock came again, this time a bit louder. "One of you answer the door!" Dad shouted from mom and his room. You're so concerned you answer the door. The knock came harder,"Molly get the door!" Dad yelled. I could picture him gathering his breath, straining his voice to yell at me.

Groaning I rolled out of the bed and glumly walked to the door. Who could be knocking on the door this early in the morning? Like really, what could you possibly do at eight in the morning! Come on get real! I opened the door with as much force as possible, "What!"

"Well good morning to you too." Adam said standing in the doorway. I ignored the excitement that filled my soul when I saw it was him. Instead I frowned at him, "Who pissed in your cereal?" I asked with an infuriated look on my face.

"What?" Adam asked confused the sparkle in his eyes slightly dulling.

"I mean, somebody obviously pissed you off, because you're coming over here at eight in the morning to take your anger out on me."

The sparkle returned and a boyish smile graced his face again. I rolled my eyes at him, the fucker. "Listen, Sweets. I have nothing to give you but affection and besides you probably would've spent the whole day in bed if I hadn't knocked on this door. Not mention fall from heaven where all angles come from. It's a miracle." He chattered.

"One: Who the hell is Sweets? Two: Your affection is clearly not here right now, because affection wouldn't wake me up at eight in the morning. And Three: Last time I checked you fell, from a BUILDING. Now what do you want?"

He looked at me with genuine amusement,"Okay, one:Sweets is your nickname. Two: Your a bed bug. And: Three you like jogging in the cold and I want to jog so go change."

My face  twisted, "Who goes jogging at eight in the morning!" I grumbled stalking back to my room. "And four: I like your bed hair." I rolled my eyes at his side comment before closing the door.

I threw on a baggy grey hoodie, red sweatpants and a pair of black Nikes. Obviously I wasn't winning any beauty pageants but it's not like anyone would want to look at me. I followed by doing the usual morning necessities and walked back down stairs.

I nearly fell down the stairs when I saw Adam talking to my dad. My heart beat faster inside my chest and my throat went dry. "Dad?' I croaked.

Dad and Adam turned towards me. Adam looked at me with interest as if he wanted to ask me something but couldn't. "Morning Molly. We were just talking about you." He grinned. Was this funny to him? This shit is not funny and I'm not laughing. What did he tell him?

"Uh...Come on Adam, let's go, jog or whatever you woke me up for." I said quickly walking down the stairs pulling Adam up. I pulled him all the way out the door.

"You okay?" He asked as he tugged my hand bringing me to a stop at the end of our street. I refused to look him in the eyes. He caressed the side of my face and I accidentally jerked away. I didn't mean it, it just happened.