Chapter Eight-Please talk to me

My locker closed with a bang as I removed my hat from the locker. Another school day over, thank God. I walked down the crowded hallways s without saying a word I heard the occasional, "Hey Molly.", but other than that I went unnoticed.

Before I had time to react I ran into something and crumbled to the floor, I groaned running 0 head feeling as if it had just hit a brick wall. "Shit Molly are you okay?" I looked to find Adam with a worry filled expression. He grabbed my hand pulling me up.

"No. I think I ran into a wall." I groaned. He began laughing, I cocked my head to the side in confusion, "What are you laughing at?" I asked.

"Nothing, I just really didn't know my pecks were that hard." He smirked. I mentally smacked my forehead. "If I didn't know any better I'd think you like running into me Molly." He joked.

I groaned, "Dude, that's seriously not funny I think I'm bleeding." I said holding my forehead. He put his hand into mine, "Come on, I'll walk you home."

"Molly."

My heart stopped as Lola's voice traveled down the hallway. She walked towards me a happy smile on her face. "Hey, you've been ignoring me for a while." She said. I could sense the sadness. This is why I wanted her to stay away from me.

"Yeah more like months." I said awkwardly looking to the side. My discomfort was suffocating me. She laughed awkwardly.

"Yeah, so...um...can we talk about that?" Lola asked playing with her hands.

I looked at her with heartfelt eyes. Everything in me wanted to talk to her, but I couldn't. "Uh I actually have to get going, maybe later."

"Oh. Okay. It was nice to talk to you again." She said as I pulled Adam behind me towards the exit.

I walked in silence next to Adam before hearing him cough. I ignored him focusing on my house that came up in the distance. It would be so nice to talk to her again, I have so much that I want to tell her, "Ahem!"

"God! What the hell do you want!" I screamed smacking my forehead. I saw a playful smirk slide onto his face, I nearly melted when that one dimple popped out of his cheek. It was so cute. Oh god, what's happening to me!

"Who was that girl?" He asked. I cleared my throat swallowing down the rising lump, "Uh...my brother's girlfriend." Hoping that my answer will satisfy him I walked faster wanting to get home more than ever.

"And?" He pressed, I groaned exhaustedly. "Why does it always have to be an and with you! She was my friend! So what!" I asked moving my hands in the air as I spoke. I was kind of annoyed, Lola really wasn't something I wanted to discuss.

"So what happened?" His persistence was annoying but at the same time comforting.

A sad smile found its way on my face as guilt consumed me,
"Me." I stopped walking, leaning against my fence, letting out a sigh. He leaned next to me, "You know making amends with people, is another step right?" He smiled.

I shook my head, disbelief written on my face, "She doesn't want to talk to me."

"Her speaking in the hallway, is not what "I don't want to talk to you" means." He pressed.

"Adam look, she might think she wants to talk to me but, she doesn't. Just like you think you can help me, but you can't." Adam sighed shaking his head, I turned my back on him and walked to my front door.

"Bye." I whispered, he waved goodbye before jogging away. I closed the door, and slid down to the floor placing my face in my hands and began to cry.

My tears fell warm on my cheeks, warm and sad. I wished nothing more than to talk to Lola, but I know I would only hurt her in the end. The stress of keeping my emotions hidden was eating me away inside and I'm tired, so tired.

"Molly?"

I jumped swiping at my falling tears. "Uh... I'm not not crying!" I shouted. Smooth, real smooth. I looked up and saw Tim with Mom standing next to him in shock. I dove past them my head hanging down. I heard footsteps behind me making me run faster.

"Molly!"

I slammed the door in her face and locked it with a loud click. I fell on the bed crying my eyes out as her fist banged on the door. "Molly! I'm tired of waiting on you! Please talk to me!" She begged.

I pulled the cover over my head and covered my ears. "Stop! Just leave me alone!" I strained feeling hot and exasperated. I wanted to be left alone, that's all I want. You made it pretty clear how you feel about me the day you chose to let me go.