14

Gillian's dress to the side.

*****

"Yes you are going." Emily tugs at my hand.

"Em, are you even listening to yourself? I, the nerdy Gillian going to a party. Pfft. That's never gonna happen." I roll my eyes.

"No, it will happen. Like tonight." She glares at me.

"You cannot make me go." I cross my hands sassily.

"Oh hell I can." With that she jumps on me and starts tickling me.

"Emilyyy! Oh God s-st haha s-sto-op." I gasp between laughter.

She chuckles and stops tickling me. "Say yes that you will go."

"No." I huff. She once again attacks me and tickles me to death.

"I-okay oh Kay. I will go. S-stop. Now- stop." I admit defeat.

She hops off me while dusting her hand and smirks victoriously. "Good, now lets get ready. Lucas will be here to pick us at 8. We only have 2 hours."

-

My clothes are all scattered around me and I still can't find a single suitable thing to wear. We only had an hour now till Lucas's arrival.

"See? This is the sign from God that I should not go." I say.

"Oh shutup." She replies and keeps on searching my closet.

"Found it!" She squeals making me jump,

When I look at her I see her standing with a small black dress which I bought last year and never got the chance to wear. It was actually quiet good. I wonder why I never wore it. Oh yeah I remember why. It's too short.

"No. I'm not wearing that. It barely reaches my knees." I whine.

"Seriously? I though you were going to say it barely reaches your thighs. Are you a nun or what? This is fashion babes. Just wear this. No excuses." She snaps.

I stomp my foot childishly and grab the dress from her and head towards my bathroom.

Once I've put it on I come out. Nervously tugging on the hem of the dress as if it will make it any longer.

Emily gasps. "Oh my God. You look amaaaziing in that dress. Come here so I can quickly do your make up and hair."

She quickly ushers me to a chair and works her magic on my face and hair. When she's done she steps back and admire her work. I stand up and head towards the mirror. I gasp at my sight. Yes I definitely recognise myself but my features are somehow...enhanced.

My eyelids are coated in a thin layer of black eyeliner. I think there's a little bit of mascara on my eyelashes. My cheekbones are more prominent due to the blush while my lips are blood red. My hair are curled to perfection.

I like how I look. Somehow, I feel confident with this look. The bathroom door shutting close shakes me out of my daze and I look up to see Emily in a violet dress which looks amazing with her straightened red hair. I'm about to compliment her but stop when she throws a pair of nude heels at me.

"I am so not wearing that." I tell her while shaking my head.

"You so are. Come on, Gil. You're gonna turn heads tonight." She tells me with a comforting smile.

I raise my eyebrow at her. "Turn heads away from you? I don't think so. You look so gorgeous."

"Thankyou. I'm flattered but you look 10x more gorgeous than me." She winks at me.