16

Yayyy! I'm back. Guys one thing you all should know is that I made some stupid mistakes regarding the grammar. I'll edit it after I complete the book. The chapters from now on will be in past tense.

*****

I opened my eyes and immediately squint due to the light flooding through my window. I tried to get up. Key word tried. An arm was sprawled over my stomach. I looked to my right and rolled my eyes on the sight of my brother sleeping peacefully with a bit of drool coming out of his mouth.

I pushed him away and he landed on the floor with a loud thud, his eyes immediately opening. His features were on high alert but relaxed slightly after seeing my head poking from above the bed. However, his expression morphed into a mischievous one and without giving me any time to react he pulled my arm resulting in me falling down too.

We both groaned at first but then started laughing. We never laughed so hard before. It felt good. Like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I'm sure Zach felt the same way.

After composing ourselves a bit we went our separate ways to get cleaned up. Another day at school. Ugh.

****

Days went by smoothly. Zach insisted extra hard everyday that I ride with him to school, I refused. Today wasn't an exception.

I reached the school's premises a bit early than usual and headed for the library to kill time.

As if the luck was never on my side, I caught sight of Aiden fucking Brooke. In the damned library. To say I was surprised would be an understatement.

Before he could even notice me I slowly turned around to walk away but unfortunately, he did notice me.

"Hey nerd! Is that you?" He stage whispered.

I chose to ignore him and started walking. However, I didn't walk that far before he latched into my arms like a leech.

"I'm talking to you, nerd. What up?" He casually placed his arm around my shoulder leading me outside.

"Don't call me that." I replied through gritted teeth.

"Why? You no like it? I bet you like when I call you darling." He grinned.

My cheeks heated up. Stupid jerk. I quickly slipped under his arm and walked in the opposite direction but like a leech he is, he followed.

"Aw, nerd. You angry at me? I'm sorry. Actually, I'm not." He cackles like a madman.

After sobering up he cleared his throat. "Actually, umm when will you start tutoring me?" He asked, uncomfortably.

I smirked inwardly. So he's embarrassed. "I don't know. You tell. After all you are the one who needs tutoring."

He glared at me. Oooh I hit the right spot.

"Your house. Today at 7." He stated and walked away.

Well then.

****

Lunch break came after some agonizing hours. I was about to drop dead with hunger. I hurried to the cafeteria and bought my lunch. Now, the tricky question was if I should sit with Lucas and the crew or not. I was actually ignoring them after the party. Maybe I should. They are my friends after all.

With that thought in my mind, I made my way towards their table and casually plopped myself in an empty seat after muttering an awkward 'hello'.

At first no one greeted me back. They kept staring at me weirdly. Thankfully, Alex greeted me back followed by some more greetings by the rest of them.

The table was awfully quiet and I had a feeling that it was due to me. "Why are you all so quiet?" I awkwardly questioned.

"Oh I don't know, you tell me?" Em spat angrily.

My eyes widened at her tone. "What are you talking about, Emily?"

"Don't look so confused. At first you made your place in our group. We accepted you. But all of a sudden you start ignoring us. How do you expect us to react when you came back to us after days of ignoring? You are my only girl friend, Gil. It hurt." She said with a hurt expression.

At that moment I felt so guilty. I quickly stood up and hugged her tight. "I'm sorry, Em. You're my best friend. You all are. It's just I needed some time to myself. I promise I won't ignore you guys again."

She hugged me back with equal force. "It's okay, Gillian. Just know that we will always be your friend."

I was so thankful for her kind words. I didn't need to give her a reply. My expressions said it all.

I was blessed to have them.

I sat back on my seat and at that moment my eyes met Lucas's. Who was staring at me with an expression of hurt and betrayal.

I was left confused.

What even?

A/N: a short chapter, sorry.

GUYS IT TAKES ONE CLICK AND TADAA!! You voted for the story. So please vote and share.

-M