Chapter 17

I woke up in the motel and sat up. I rubbed my eyes and looked around. The dogs were playing tug a war with the rug. 
I rolled my eyes at them and got up and fed them. I was starving but had no food left for me. while they were finishing their breakfast, I was getting dressed.
I had to wear a black dress. Pants are no longer fitting. Barely fit the last couple of days, I just squeezed.
But now I have nowhere to put my gun and knives. I grabbed two knives and walked out the door with king following right behind. Zeus decided to fall back asleep.
We walked around looking for things. However we came up empty, lots of old tools and cans and just junk. I can't walk all the way to the factory, I'm pregnant and yesterday was enough. I went around back and saw a old truck.
I got into it and wondered if it still worked. I attempted to hotwire it and after some failed attempts I got it started.
I drived it to the front of my room and packed everything up. I headed onto the road and stopped at a gas station for gas and snacks and drinks. I stocked up with the rest of the money I had.
Back on the road again trying to piece together everything. Das friend Jones? His ex-wife in this? I just don't see what's going on.
I arrived finally at the factory. "Okay boys time to go to work and save daddy" they looked at me confused. "Das" they barked immediately.
I shook my head and got out and put on their bullets proof vests. I put mine on.
Usually I wouldn't bother but I am protecting a life. I got my bag and headed to the side of the building where a side door was located.
Got my gun out and opened the door. I looked one way then the other. The right was a dead end.
Holding the gun up ready to fire I walked left. Zeus was behind me and King was in front. Anybody coming he'd let us know.
We came to a three way part. I could go straight or left or right. "Damn which way" the dogs sniffed the air and just sat down.
Meaning they didn't pick anything up that'll help. I decided to make a left. We came to a door to the end of the hallway.
The dogs growled letting me know someone was inside. I opened the door fast, the dogs charged in and what I saw shocked me....