Part 28: Piggyback Rides

I knew I wouldn’t make it to the kitchen in time. Just like I expected, Xander of course caught me before I even set foot on the stairs. Oh, well. It was worth a try. I turned and again tried to give him my best smile.

“What, you think you were going to go without me?” Xander teased, as he scooped me up in to his arms, and tossed me on his back. “Hold on love. I think a big bowl of cereal is calling both our names.”

“Xander this so cliché; why don’t you just let me walk like an ordinary person?” I protested.

“Well, if you haven’t figured it out, I’m not ordinary. I’m completely and utterly awesome. Now hold on.” With that, Xander whisked me away to the kitchen. Entering through a totally different door down a back hall, we descended on the kitchen, both of us laughing hysterically. For a brief moment I felt free. I hadn’t had a piggy back ride since I was child. I could get use to this.

As we burst through the doors, Xander stopped dead in his tracks, snapping me to attention.

There standing in the middle of the kitchen, with a blood bag in his hand was Klaus. The look on his face was deadly; to the point his expression knocked the breath right out of me. Why the hell was he down here now? The haunting look in his expression, made it obvious that he didn’t expect to see us together, or having fun with each other.

“Awe, what do we have here? The love birds seem so happy.” Sarcasm saturated his tone.   

“Xander, can we please just go back upstairs? I’m not at hungry.”  I whispered, grabbing his neck a little tighter.

“Now, now Angel, don’t leave on my account.” I could feel the venom dripping from his lips. I knew he figured out the moment he saw us together that his plan to tell Xander backfired. It’s sad, but in hindsight it made me want Xander even more. How could I not want someone that can look aside, and forgive; I don’t think I could or would. Could Xander be a rare find? Shaking my head, I tried to wipe that thought out of my mind. I wanted my old life back… right?

Suddenly, Xander pulled me out of my thoughts. “I have a better idea, why don’t you leave us here, and you go crawl back under that rock you crawled out from under. Then we’ll all be happy.” He hissed.

“Oh, little brother, play nice.”  

“Are you serious? Play nice. What the hell.” I just shook my head in shock. “Xander, I’m not hungry anymore. I just want to go back upstairs.” I pleaded again.

“No… He’s not going to stop you from getting something to eat. I know damn well that you haven’t been eating enough. You already look like you’ve lost a few pounds, and I won’t have you getting sick on me, can I…? Now let’s find the blasted cereal.” I could hear the anger in his tone getting stronger with each word,  and knew there was no point in trying to argue with him.

Suddenly feeling like a child, I slid down Xander’s back, and stood beside him, grabbing his hand, intertwining our fingers, I gave him a little squeeze. In hopes of calming him down. Xander returned the gesture and pulled me with him further into the kitchen, walking right past Klaus. Strolling over to the counter, Xander lifted me up to sit on it, while he went to work, trying to find the cereal and a bowl. It amazed me how this was Xander’s kitchen and he had no clue where anything was.  

“Oh, look at you too… Acting as if nothing has changed. Didn’t you tell him Angel?”

I looked a Xander then Klaus, I could feel my eyes popping out of my head.

“I’m shocked Ava, I can’t believe you didn’t give him every detail of what happen between us just hours ago. You definitely acted like you enjoyed being in my arms. Didn’t you tell him how wet I made you? How with each caress of my tongue, you wanted me more. How your body begged me to be inside you, or did you run straight from me, and crawl into his bed with your legs open wide?”