Chapter 14

Harry's POV

As soon as all the boys went up, I quickly peeked into the kitchen where Louis was washing the dishes, humming an unfamiliar tune. I smiled softly at him and left the kitchen before he could see me. I went into my room and called him to let him know that we were all ready to begin the plan.

"Hello, Harry." His gruff voice could be heard through the phone.

"Hi. I just wanted to let you know that we're ready to begin part two of the plan," I say, wanting to get to the point.

"Hmm, that's wonderful! So you know the plan already, yes? You've already initiated the plan; being sappy with him, being romantic, stuff like that. You know; all that bullshit. I guarantee you he's going to fall for it. I do know him more than any of you. Talk to your boys about it. Do anything you have to. It has to go perfectly. It should start tonight. And take him on a date or something. That should to the trick. Got it?"

"Yes boss," I respond.

We soon said our goodbyes and I left the room to go check on Louis. He was nearly done with the dishes, so I quickly went to Zayn, Liam, and Niall and told them to meet me in the kitchen at 2 in the morning. Once they all agreed, I went to my room and waited for Louis to come up. It wasn't too long before I heard the door opening and Louis coming in.

"Welcome back, princess," I said in a sickly sweet voice, hoping the fake smile would do the trick.

"Hi," he whispered, looking down. I could still see his cheeks reddening brightly.

I chuckled internally. This boy is so goddamn easy, I thought while he came and sat down next to me. Again, putting up the act I had practically mastered, I held his hand, ignoring the warmth and tingles. "How are you princess?" I asked, looking at him in the eye hoping he would buy the fake concern in my eyes. He did and I internally smirked at myself, praising myself for how good of an actor I was.

He looked confused so I cleared up on my question.

"I mean after the lads' confession..." His eyes widened momentarily before he looked down and began to play with my fingers. Before I could open my mouth to say something, he began to speak in a small voice.

"It's not their fault. It's just knowing that dad hates me. He could go so far as to kill me...It just hurts a lot more than anything." I felt a drop of water fall onto my hand-which he was holding up-and I slipped, forgetting my act. I dropped my facade and dropped onto my knees, starting to wipe his tears sincerely.

"Hey, hey. Look at me." I put my forefinger under his chin and lifted his head a bit and made him look me in the eye. "He's not going to hurt you. You're safe with me. I'll protect you no matter what." I promised him and he tackled me in a hug.

I felt my stomach begin to churn, thinking about this would turn out to be a big lie. But for now, I was killing two birds with one stone; making Louis feel better and going on with the plan.

I quickly looked at the time and saw that I only had fifteen minutes before meeting the lads, so I quickly got up and held Louis to my chest. I brought him to the middle of the bed, laid him down, tucked him in, and started to draw soothing circles on his arms to calm him. It wasn't long before his eyes began to droop. Just before he closed his eyes, I leaned in and kissed his forehead lightly. I whispered some words near his ear before he fully fell asleep.

"Goodnight princess. Sleep well." When I pulled away, Louis' eyes were closed but he had a smile on his plump lips and goosebumps beginning to appear up his arms. I smirked at the affect I had on him and waited five more minutes before heading downstairs.