Chapter 16

Louis' POV

I looked over at the girl walking, well, running to the table Harry and I were sitting at. She had long raven hair with blood red tips and pale green eyes. She was pretty tall, almost as tall as Harry. Her outfit was something I'd assume a biker would wear; black tank top, black leather jacket, and really tight skinny jeans with black combat boots. She was all decked out in black. It was sort of scary.

Harry looked at me with worry. "Don't speak."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "W-what-"

"Don't fucking speak, Louis," Harry hissed. I shrunk back. Harry never called me by my name. He was upset. 

What did I do wrong?

The girl smirked when she arrived at the table. "Harry Styles! How lovely to run into you after all this time. How long was it? Three years?"

"Get away from me. We don't have business with each other anymore," Harry looked up at the girl. 

She chuckled. "Obviously we don't, what with your new toy. Finally tired of girls, yeah? He's cute." She turned to me. "What's your name, love?"

I kept my mouth shut, slightly intimidated by her. 

"Don't talk to him," Harry spoke up. 

The girl scoffed. "You're making it seem as if I'm the bad person here. That's ironic."

"Who are you?" I asked in a hushed tone. Harry glared at me in anger, but I didn't care. I was curious. 

"Aw, you're such an adorable bean. I can tell why Harry picked you. He's attracted to your innocence, you know that?"

"I have a knife in my pocket, Harley. You know I'm not afraid to use it."

Harley was her name. Hm, like Harley Quinn? Harley Quinn was my favorite villain.

"I know for a fact that you're not afraid to use it. But I'm not afraid to use my six inch pocket knife on you as well. Things have changed ever since they put me in that asylum, baby."

"D-don't call him 'baby' please," I muttered, becoming slightly possessive. The girl-Harley-laughed. 

"Aw, he's just too cute. What's your name, sweetie?" 

"Don't answer her. She's trouble. She was put in the Keiths Asylum because she tried to kill four people and ended up killing ten," Harry muttered into my ear. Apparently Harley heard because she laughed again, this time more obnoxiously; almost like an insane laugh.

"I only tried to kill them for self defense, Styles. And I didn't just kill anyone. I killed who I had to. They declared me insane, little one. Now I really am insane, but only because of the wretched asylum. They make you crazy. But you don't have to fear me. I'm only here for revenge on the Drug Lord here."

"W-why do you want revenge on Harry?" I asked, mentally cursing at myself for stuttering.

I looked at Harry, but he was looking at Harley. His pleading eyes stared into hers. He looked almost...helpless for once. Harley sighed and looked back at me.

"Harry isn't how he seems. You should come with me. I can help you run awa-"

Harley was interrupted when Harry quickly ran behind her and put his knife to her neck. I gasped and looked around. For some reason, there wasn't anyone around. Literally. The food block of the carnival was empty. I looked at my watch. It was past midnight. The carnival was closed already? Why didn't anyone tell us to leave? What the hell was going on around here?