Chapter Two: Serendipity

• Dedicated to Catia Rocha

Today was the worst day of my life not only did I get a flat tire on the way to school, but paparazzi decided to follow me around and I almost missed one of my midterms. This week has been so hectic but its Thursday and in one more week I’ll be relaxing in my house. I am hopeful that tomorrow’s party will take the edge off this week and be enough dose of fun to last me for the next.

I can’t wait for Christmas to come, my dad always makes French toast in the morning with hot chocolate and my mom puts all the classic Christmas music during the day. Traditionally we open the presents together and never find out who they’re from but this year we decided to change it up a little and make it a secret Santa theme. I am Timmy’s secret Santa and I already got his present planned out. I got him and Heather a trip to a small island called Culebra which is part of Puerto Rico. I think they’ll appreciate the warm weather.

Anyways, Liz decided that kissing other girls (and guys) would make me take her back, but seriously it just made her look desperate and sad. I feel very sorry for her because as beautiful as she is no one will really love her if she doesn’t change her personality.

The paparazzi finally stopped following me after I took all my rage out on Lucy, and yelled at her in public. She walked away embarrassed and I almost threw a water bottle to the camera but Tommy hauled me away from them. I don’t understand what they get from following me, it’s not like they would make it to a magazine, and it’s not allowed anymore. Our parents were able to get a deal for total privacy for our family, while we cannot stop them from taking their pictures, they cannot publish them anywhere. Though some have found a way to go around it and make blogs most people don’t really care for it. Thank Goodness. I really don’t wish to be famous or recognized, paparazzi make me uneasy and even being in front of a video camera makes me sick!

And to top my day off a police officer indicated that I had to take the main road home since there’s been an accident involving a truck where I take a short cut. Great! After driving through the longer way, I was finally a block away from home and I got distracted by two girls fighting. It wasn’t screaming and yelling, it wasn’t a simple catfight, it was a dead on fight with punches and kicks. As I look back to the road I barely saw the girl running in front of my car. My brakes screeched to a halt, I almost ran over a person! Shaking I got my car and ran towards the girl, half screaming angrily have super concerned for her well being. She laughed nervously as I kept looking for blood anywhere around her body.

“Should I take you to the hospital?” I asked her.

She glowed with the dim of the street light hitting her skin softly. She was beautiful. I froze as I realized how magnificent she was, she seemed like she came out a magazine.

 “Ria! Oh my God are you ok?!” one of the girls that where fighting ran towards her and as I did a just a minute ago examined her for any injuries.

“I am fine, Zo, I’m great!” she said smiling at me.

“What were you thinking dumbass, were you trying to kill my sister?!” the fighter yelled and started walking towards me but she pushed her away.  For some reason my hands started shaking and I was frightened by that girl, since I had just seen her fighting another girl twice my size.

“Uh… I better get going then, are you sure you’re alright?” I asked her slowly stepping away from her maniac sister.

“Yes, I’m fine, don’t worry about me.”