Chapter Eight: Catch Up

Chapter 8:

Tam’s POV

3 weeks after…

Ria and I hung out a lot after the day at the pond and every day we spent together was more magical than the one before. I can’t explain it but I feel like I’ve known her for a very long time and it hasn’t even been a month.

Ria took me to meet her dad, who still thinks my family and I are rich assholes. He is a very handsome man, with black hair and blue eyes, but Ria didn’t look much like him except in her expressions, like when she crinkles her nose or rolls her eyes. Mr. Martin is the new coach for my old high school’s soccer and football team. He moved last summer after he divorced Ria’s mom and he clearly hasn’t gotten over it.

A few days ago Dave got a new apartment in New York to be with Johnny since he goes to college there. Dave already graduated college, and has his own business, he basically sells ideas to companies like Google, Yahoo, and even Microsoft so basically he could move whenever he felt like it. So the cutest gay couple my eyes have seen can be happy forever.

Tom and Zooey never got along after they got back the day after the pool party and nobody knows why. It was hilarious to watch because they have a lot of chemistry.

Christmas came and went pretty fast and since my parents decided to extend their trip to travel around South America I spent most of the holidays with Ria, Lucy, Dave and Johnny. I gave Timmy and Heather my Christmas gift and they loved it, they barely call so I know they’ve been busy. Last call I received from them was that they had big news for the family.

Dave mixed New Year’s Eve party with a goodbye party. We laughed, cried and said our goodbyes to 2011 and to Dave and Johnny. I knew this would be a big step for Dave, but they seemed so in love that it made sense.