Breath Fresher Air.

Dave's POV

Karkat and I sat, well, he sat, I lay there in a pathetic little heap of blankets, on my bed. He was watching a movie, and I watched him. I closed my eyes, hoping to fall asleep. Alas, I was wide awake. I didn't want to be though. I wanted to be far away in some other world. I know it would've been rude to fall asleep, but I never asked for him to come over.

"GOG DAMMIT!" Karkat screeched. I opened my eyes and looked up at the angry troll next to me.

"...what?" He shook his head.

"NOTHING." He slumped down. "JUST THIS SHITTY GIRL IN THIS SHITTY MOVIE." I cleared my dry throat.

"If... if it was shitty... then why did you pick it?" I asked.

"BECAUSE," He took the remote that was sitting on his lap and paused the movie. "I DIDN'T KNOW IT WAS SHITTY IN THE FIRST PLACE DUMBASS." He gave me some sort of 'Duh' look. I didn't respond. Instead, I turned to face the wall.

"HEY, DAVE, WHEN I CAME OVER HERE I ASSUMED WE'D BE HANGING OUT, NOT IGNORING EACH OTHER." He exclaimed. I turned back to face him.

"I thought we were hanging out..." Karkat sighed angrily, although in his eyes I could see worry.

Karkat's POV

I looked into his beautiful red eyes. They looked tired, and were slightly puffy from crying. I didn't know what else to say. I wanted to run, far away from this place. It was too sad, and it made me sad to look at him like this.

"THIS ISN'T HANGING OUT DAVE. YOU KNOW WHAT THIS IS? IT'S YOU FEELING SORRY FOR YOURSELF WHILE I SIT HERE AND WATCH, TAKING PITY ON YOU." I told him. I thought back to earlier this morning when Kanaya was telling me about Depression.

"Karkat, He's Going To Feel And Look Like A Whole Different Person, And You Need To Acknowledge This Before You See Him." She told me. "He's Not Going To Ask For Comfort Or Support, But You Need To Give It. The Last Time I Saw Him, He Was Trying To Kill Himself With A Store Bought Razor. I Took The Razor And Hugged Him, That Helped Him Greatly. It's The Little Things Karkat. You Need To Be Nice, Open, And Caring. That's All I Can Say To You."

She then left my hive. I decided to look online for some other facts about Depression, but I ended up giving up on that after about ten minutes. I couldn't get what she said out of my head about Dave trying to kill himself. That doesn't sound anything like Dave, but, maybe it does. Maybe when push came to shove, he did try to kill himself, because he couldn't handle it? I messaged Sollux.

CG: HEY ASSHOLE.

TA: What do you want?

CG: YOU HAD/HAVE DEPRESSION OR WHATEVER RIGHT?

TA: Uh, 2ure.

CG: SO THEN YOU KNOW HOW TO DEAL WITH SOMEONE IN THAT KIND OF SITUATION.

TA: Thii2 ii2 about Dave, ii2n't iit?

CG: ...NO.

TA: Look KK, II can't tell you much, you know that. All II can 2ay ii2, iif you're goiing two talk two hiim, don't be a douche. Al2o, confiide iin hiim or 2omethiing, let hiim do the talkiing. And tell hiim II 2aiid hii.

CG: YEAH, OKAY. HAVE YOU SEEN HIM LATELY?

TA: IIf you haven't, what make2 you thiink II have?

CG: YOU'RE RIGHT. STUPID QUESTION.

TA: II know.

CG: WELL, ANYWAY, SEE YOU LATER ASSHOLE.