Sunlight.

Karkat's POV

"SEE, ISN'T THIS... NO, YOU KNOW WHAT, THIS SUCKS. BUT, YOU NEED TO BE OUT IN THE SUN."

"I... why..." Dave and I were standing on his front porch. His head was down, and he was slightly swaying from side to side. I wanted to suggest going somewhere, maybe over to my house, but I didn't think he was ready for that. He seemed dazed.

"HEY, DAVE, ARE YOU OKAY? DO YOU NEED TO SIT DOWN OR SOMETHING?" He nodded, not looking up. I helped him as he bent down. He sat there, picking at his fingernails. I could tell he wasn't enjoying this at all.

Dave's POV

I had a headache already, the sun burnt, I felt way too dizzy to move, this was a miserable experience. Let me back inside Karkat. I can't do this, you know I can't. This is too much. I put my hand on his knee.

"Can... can we go inside...?"

"YOU HAVEN'T BEEN OUT HERE TWO MINUTES."

"Please... I... I haven't... please..." I muttered. I heard him sigh and watched him as he stood up. He held out his hand and I took it. Not far away, I could hear children laughing. Heh.

Now standing, Karkat guided me back inside. Bro was sitting on the couch in the living room when we walked in. Over the years, I'd learned to read his expression when he had his shades on. He looked hopeful.

"So, how was it?" He asked. I shrugged and began to make my way up to my room. Karkat followed. When we were back in my dark, quiet room, Karkat spoke.

"YOUR LU-- AH, BROTHER, WAS THE ONE TO SUGGEST YOU GO OUTSIDE. HE THOUGHT IT MIGHT HELP."

"Figures..." I crawled back onto my bed, taking my shades off and placing them back on my nightstand. Karkat watched me for a moment, then rubbed the back of his neck.

"LOOK, I'M... I'M GONNA GO. SOLLUX WANTS ME TO TAKE PART IN ONE OF HIS WEIRD FUCKING COMPUTER ACTIVITIES OR WHATEVER, AND I TOLD HIM I'D BE OVER AFTER I VISITED YOU." I nodded and lay down on my side, staring at my computer.

"Alright..." He said his goodbyes and left. Soon after, I finally found 'peace', and drifted off into a deep sleep.

Karkat's POV

I felt bad for lying, but I had to get out of there. I couldn't stand it anymore. I made a mental note to talk to him later. Although he never wanted me to come over, I decided to walk to Sollux's.

After about ten or so minutes, I reached his small yellow hive. Knocking on his door, I thought back to what I'd recently learned about Dave's eyes. How interesting it was that we both had a kind of mutation, both relating to the color red. The door opened, and I was greeted by an unpleasant surprise.

"Ugh, wwhat the fuck do you wwant Kar?" Eridan-Fucking-Ampora stood in the doorway, scowling. He didn't have a shirt on either. I tried to avoid looking at him.

"OH GREAT, JUST THE SICK FUCK I WANTED TO SEE. WHY THE HELL ARE YOU HERE?" He crossed his arms.

"Does it really matter to you?" I rolled my eyes as he spoke. In the backround, I heard a familiar lispy voice.

"IIt'2 okay ED, you can let hiim iin." Sollux yelled from another room. I pushed past Ampora.

"PUT A SHIRT ON, WILL YOU?" I said to him as I walked in. He looked down, obviously forgetting he was shirtless. I watched him disappear down a hallway and heard the sound of a door closing. Out of all people, Sollux has to choose that jackass to be Matesprits with! Is he just doing this to torture me? That has to be the only explanation.