It'll Be Okay.

Dave's POV

This... this setting was familiar. The colorful blurs, the distant sound of footsteps. I looked to my side, and there it was. The familiar troll, holding my hand. If only I could make out their details...

Suddenly, they began to slowly drift away from me. It was at first a stroll, and I followed them, but it soon turned into a sprint. I called after them, a feeling of emptiness growing inside of my chest. No matter how much I ran, I couldn't keep up with them.

Reaching out my hand, I watched as they looked over their shoulder and continued to run away.

"Wait! I... I need y--"

"DAVE, GET YOUR ASS UP." My eyes shot open at the sound of Karkat's voice. He was hovering over me, an unamused look on his face. I... I couldn't help but notice his features.

He wasn't wearing anything different, he'd in fact made no changes to himself. But, he looked different to me, in a way. I noticed how he narrowed his eyes slightly, I noticed how his eyebrows were furrowed in a confused, yet angry manner. I noticed how his nose was scrunched up and his nostrils flared. And... I don't know how to describe it. It all looked kind of... cute? Was that the word?

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU LOOKING AT? LOOK, YOU HAVE A THERAPY SESSION TO GET TO, AND WE NEED TO LEAVE SOON, SO HURRY UP." He said, folding his arms and walking out of my room.

I sat up and rubbed my eyes, yawning. I already knew today would be long, I was already exhausted.

~~~

"Oh! U-Um, Dave, hi. I kind of forgot when you'd be back." Emily stuttered. I closed the door behind me, looking around at the papers scattered everywhere around the room, along with books and business cards. This place looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a while. Emily noticed me staring and gave a light chuckle.

"I-I know, I know. It's a mess. Sorry about that. I just... haven't had time to clean up around here." I slowly nodded, beginning to notice the faint stench of alcohol in the air. She walked to her couch and beckoned me over. As I made my way to her, I saw that her hair didn't look brushed, and she was paler than last time I'd seen her.

I sat down next to her, and she placed a shaking hand on my lap.
"Emily... are you okay...?" I asked. She shook her head and looked away for a moment before turning back to me.

"Listen Dave... I need to confess something."

Karkat's POV

I waited outside in the hallway like I usually do, when I heard someone call my name. I looked down the hallway to see Katrina waving and walking towards me.
"Karkat, how are you? Did you say anything to him? Fill me in here."

"JEGUS FUCK," I murmured. "OKAY, OKAY. NO, I DIDN'T. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO, AND IT'S DRIVING ME INSANE." She frowned and folded her arms, cocking her head like a puppy would.

"But I gave you advice."

"WELL IT'S NOT THAT SIMPLE."

Dave's POV

"I... I don't know how to say this. Um... why don't I show you?" She said. Before I could ask what she meant, she was on top of me, stroking my face and leaning down. Before she could get any closer, I pushed her face away.

"Emily... I told you... I'm gay." I whispered. She still didn't get off of me. I tried pushing her off, but still wasn't entirely strong enough.

"I... I don't care!" She said before pressing her lips against mine. With all my strength, I was finally able to push her off of me. I stood up, hurrying to the door.