Swimming Lesson

Madison's p.o.v

After we had finished breakfast, the boys stayed at home while Liam took me out to buy a  swimming costume. I followed him out to the car and jumped into the passenger seat while he started up the engine. 

"How are you going to teach me?" I asked, pulling my seatbelt across my body and clicking it into the buckle. 

"Well me and you will go in the shallow end of the pool and I will help you to swim, it's simple."  He smiled while pulling into a parking space. "And I'm sure Zayn's arm bands will be lying around somewhere" he chuckled. 

It was a short drive to the shop, taking no longer than 10 minutes to get there. Liam jumped out the car and came round to my side opening the door for me. I hopped out and followed Liam as we walked into the store.

We went up to the swimming costume bit. There was so much choice and they were all in different colours. It was do hard to choose but after a while of looking, I found one that I liked.

"I like this on" I said holding out a purple one with a shiny silver fairy on the front. It was really pretty. 

"Why dont we get a couple, and then you'll be able to choose which one you want to wear each time. It's always good to have a spare" Liam smiled. 

There was another one at the end of the rail. It was all black but had rainbow coloured lines going across it in all different directions. I decided that these were the two that I wanted, and the ones that I liked the best. 

"They're pretty" Liam smiled. "Good choice, lets go and pay for this" he grinned walking over to the checkouts. We joined the queue and when it was our turn I handed over the swimming costume and Liam payed for it. 

Once we had payed for it, Liam gave me the bag with the swimming costume in to carry and we headed back to the car. Liam drove us back home and it wasn't long until we pulled back up onto the drive .

°°°°°°°°°°
Liam's POV

Once we got home we all went to our rooms to get changed into some swimming gear. I found my red swim shorts and put them on, grabbing a towel to take down with me. 

"That's a cute one" Niall smiled looking at Madison's New swimming kit. She had decided to wear the black one with all the rainbow stripes on it.

We all headed out to the garden and with no hesitation the boys all charged towards the swimming pool and jumped in. I could tell Maddie seemed a little hesitant, I walked with her to the edge of the pool and then sat down on the edge, jumping into the water. 

"Come one sweetheart, let's go and learn to swim" I smiled encouragingly to get Maddie to come to the water. She copied me, sitting down on the edge of the pool before slipping into the water. She flinched a little, but the water was pretty cold so I wasn't surprised. We went right down to the shallow end so that Maddie would feel a little more comfortable and she would always be able to touch the floor if she wanted to.

"Ok so lay on your stomach but you won't drown because I've got you" I instructed. She layed on her stomach and I placed my hand on her stomach so she wouldn't drown, not that she was going to anyway, it was more a way of just trying to reassure her. "Now with your arms do what Niall is doing" I smiled, looking at Niall who was currently swimming down towards the deep end of the pool 

Maddie copied his arm and leg movement. It was a little uncoordinated at first but I could tell by her face she was a little nervous, but she was slowly but surely getting the hang of it.  

"Good, that's amazing" I praised. I noticed Zayn jump out of the pool and head inside. It wasnt long before he returned and he gave me his armbands. I put them on Maddie's arms and blew them up.

"What are these?" Maddie asked. Looking at the bright orange flotation device.

"They keep you floating so that you won't drown and you can swim without my hand on your tummy" I informed. 

Once I had put the armbands on Maddie I watched her try and swim. She was really getting the hang of it and she was doing really well.

I went off swimming but made sure to keep an eye on Maddie in case anything was to happen. The boys were all being silly, currently splashing each other with water and it currently looked like Harry kept trying to push Louis under the water. 

°°°°°°°°°

After spending a couple of hours in the pool we all went to our rooms to have showers and got dried off. We all met back in the living room and decided to watch a movie. Harry grabbed the remote, turned the TV on and then went onto Netflix.

"which one?" Harry asked everyone

"Glee"

"Lion King"

"Lilo and Stitch"

"Dolphin Tale"

"High School Musical"

"War Horse"

"Seriously Niall?" Maddie giggled. "High school musical?" 

"Whatttt" Niall defended. "It's a tour favourite I will have you know." And it wasn't long until he was belting out the words to 'We're all in this together'. 

We went with Maddie's option and watched War Horse. We got to the part where the British and The German soldiers were talking while trying to save the horse, when we had to pause it while Zayn made us lunch.

Madison ran off to her room and came back down with her big red fluffy blanket. I passed her a plate with a ham sandwich and a bag of crisps on. She accepted it and we all continued to watch the movie.