Confessions

Madison's p.o.v

About half an hour later the car pulled up on another driveway, which I assumed was Niall and Louis' house. I climbed out, and Niall took all of my things out of the back for me. Louis took the box of books while I dragged my suitcase behind me as Niall unlocked the front door. He went in first, and I followed him, closely followed by Louis. We entered the living room and there were three other guys sat in there. They all seemed to be playing the playstation, and the game on the TV looked like a football match. 

"Who are they?" I whispered to Niall, pointing at the other people in the room.

"My other friends" he replied back in a whisper. He cleared his throat and then began to talk. "Guys this is Madison, Madison this is Harry, Liam and Zayn. They live here with me and Louis." I shyly waved and they all greeted me in return. 

Harry had curly hair, and green eyes, and he was currently sat watching the other two play football against each other. Liam had dark brown hair, while Zayn's hair was almost black, and styled up into a quiff. 

"Shall we go and see your room?"  Niall asked. I nodded and followed him up the stairs behind. "So this is it" he smiled opening the door. The room was perfect, much better than the one I had at the orphanage, let alone bigger. 

The bed was in the window. Like a window seat, but a double bed. and then there was a huge book shelf in the corner, plenty of space to store my plethora of books. A wardrobe was near the bed and a shoe rack next to the door. It had light green walls and a creamy coloured carpet. I loved it.

"Thank you so much Niall" I said hugging him truly appreciating the room. It was much better than the one at the orphanage.

"Its okay" he chuckled. "My room is next to you and Liam is on the other side, Louis is directly opposite and Harry and Zayn are either side of him if you need us" I nodded and Niall followed me back downstairs.

"What's that" Liam whispered as i took a seat on the sofa next to him. He pointed at my forearm. They were faint cuts, I used to get abused from my last foster home so I ended up cutting myself.

"These are faint cuts, I used to cut because my last foster home" I gulped. Everyone in the room was now looking. " abused me and raped me" I whispered before breaking into tears. "I have a journal that tells everything" I cried, covering my face with my hands. I knew they were going to find out eventually, and I was surprised that the orphanage hadn't already told Niall. 

"Hey, shhh, your a really strong and brave girl, you know that.  Its very brave of you to tell us something like that" he hugged me. "Could i possibly read some of your journal, so we can see what your past was like?" 

I took a breath while trying to find an interesting page that would give them enough detail without leaving me having to answer questions.

"Dear journal,

Today was really bad. When I woke up I had to do the washing up, put the washing on the line, clean the floor, clean both bathrooms and do the shopping. I managed to complete all the tasks while my foster family were out partying. Once everything was done I was really tired so I went upstairs to have a little nap. My foster family came home and woke me up. Their breath both stank of alcohol and smoke. I got beaten and abused for falling asleep even though I did all the jobs. I have had enough of being beaten, I will escape and run back to the orphanage. Yes I did hate the orphanage but it's better than being abused every day.

Maddie "

"The orphanage said your past wasn't the best, but I never expected it to be this bad." Niall mumbled. 

"We promise it wont be anything like that here." Louis spoke softly, looking at me. "If you have any issues you can come a

nd talk to any of us? You got that?" 

"Thank you" I nodded shyly. I knew it would be a while before I could fully trust them but they'd been nothing but nice to me. They were different. Not like any other foster families that I had ever met before. They were actually nice, and seemed like they actually cared. 

Niall handed me my journal back and I told them I was going upstairs to unpack for a little while. I began to unpack my suitcase, hanging all of my clothes in the wardrobe, and then folding some of them onto the shelf in the wardrobe. I put my shoes on the shoe rack, and then began to stack my books on the book shelf, making sure they were all lined up in alphabetical order, a little quirk that I had. My books always had to be in alphabetical order, it was just the way that I liked it. 

I sat on the bed and looked out of the window. It overlooked the back garden. There was a pool at the end of it, and a grass area towards the front. A BBQ was in the corner, as well as a set of table and chairs. A couple of footballs were dotted randomly around the garden, as well as a plastic cricket bat. 

I had a feeling I was going to like it here. Things were slowly beginning to look up, but I had to keep reminding myself not to get my hopes up. I'm not sure I could cope with being let down again. It had happened so many times that it almost felt like normality, and I was scared that I would never know what it would be like to have a normal life, with a normal family. But maybe, just maybe, this was going to be the start of something great.