chapter 20

*Shawn's pov*

"Mom I'm going to Ashley's."

"Ok I love you. Oh Shawn wait before you go your dad needs to talk to you." My mom said

Not long after that, my dad walk's in the room.

"Shawn, your mom told me what happened at Ashley's house that night." He puased briefly. "We need to talk about that promise we made."

"I know I broke that promise dad but I couldn't hold it back anymore. You know how hard it is to hold back on someone you love." I said.

"I know. It was hard on me too but I made it to marriage with your mom tho. I stopped myself from doing something stupid when keran and I were dating." He told me.

"So your saying I did something stupid?" I fired at him.

"Only if you did it just for the fun of it." He shot back

"I did it to express love, dad. I'm so deeply in love with Ashley."

"Ok then. So you gave each other to one another?" He asked.

"Yes." I answered.

"It was your choice. She is welcome here anytime."

"I'm sorry I broke the promise."

"Don't worry about it. At least you have a very nice and pretty girl by your side."

"Ashley is the one I want to spend the rest of my life with."

"If your going then go." My mom said, pointing at the silver clock hanging on the wall.

"Ok love y'all." I called out.

I walked out the door and ran to Ashley's house.

*Ashley's pov*

"Hey Ashley I'm here!" Shawn called out.

I had the pregnancy test behind my back so he couldn't see it.

"Hey babe."

"Shawn, Ashley has to tell you something." Rose told him.

"Yeah it's important." Josie stated.

I walk over to Shawn and pulled it out from behind me and he looked down at it.

"What is this?"

He asked, taking it out of my hand.

"Shawn...I'm pregnant."

He looked up at me with wide eyes. Oh no what is he going to say?

"Th-that's amazing. I'm going to be a dad." He smiled.

"Your not mad?" I asked.

"No I'm not mad at all. I kinda had a feeling you would be." He looked down at the test.

"What do you mean?" I asked him, giving him a confused look.

He grabbed my hand. "We need to be alone if you want me to tell you."

I turned around and looked at Josie. She nodded, telling everyone to go up stairs.

I waited for them to be out of site before i spoke. "Ok so tell me."

"Ok so the other night, before I took the condom off, I noticed it was ripped alittle and I was afraid to tell you because I didn't want you to worry." He explained

"I'm not worried. The only thing I'm worried about is what my dad is going to say. He'll probably kick me out. I'm thrilled that we're starting a family now."