Chapter 9

*Shawn's pov*

I'm laying on the floor, bored out of my mind. I just got done cooking for my mom and talking to Ian. I wonder what Ash is doing. I hate that I had to leave so soon. Rolling over, I reached for my phone.

*Text conversation*

Me: hey Ash wrud

Ashley: hey cutie Nm wbu?

Me: talking to my friend Ian well was

Ashley: oh cool. Hey you want to hang out again later? bc we only got to see each other for like 10 minutes

Shawn: yeah sure just got to do a few things and we can go to the tree house about 6:00

Ashley: ok cool. I just left the tree house like 5 minutes ago but yeah we can meet back at 6👌

Getting up, I layed my phone on the couch. I went up stairs to get ready. Its only 5. I got time. I grabbed my clothes out of my dresser and went to take a shower. After I showered I picked my clothes up. I was wearing a blue flannel, black tee shirt, and some black pants with my gray converse. I walked down stairs and my dad was sitting at the table and my mom was setting the table.

"Shawn I need to talk to you" my dad said.

"Ok what's up?"

"Well you know if you ever get a girlfriend you need to try and control yourself when it comes to sex. Ok because if you do it before marriage then you broke a promise I'm giving you. So do you promise me and your mom you'll wait until your married." He told me.

"Dad why are we having this conversion?"

"Because we want you to be married like me and your mom. We want you to be safe."

"I promise."

"Ok good now let's eat." My mom said.

"Mom, dad, I finally got my first kiss."

"Really with who?" My mom asked.

"Son do you have a girlfriend right now because you promised us." My dad asked.

"Dad I know and no I don't have a girlfriend. I kissed Ashley last night before y'all came home."

"Wait Ashley as in Ashley two doors down." My mom asked me.

"Yes mom Ashley Parker."

"She's a really pretty girl." My dad said.

"Now dad don't be falling for the girl I like."

"You like her?" My mom asked.

"Yes mom."

"Why are you all dressed up son?" my dad asks me.

Can they stop asking me questions.

"I'm meeting Ashley at our club house in an hour."

"Oh ok." My dad says.

I walk to the couch after I eat and picked my phone up. I walked upstairs and lied down on my bed.