Chapter XIV: Complications

"Oh, I'm sorry. I'm Nathan, by the way."
"Ava."
"So, what looks good here.", picking up a menu.
It's going to be a long night so might as well make a friend.
_________________________
Ava Brooks

We ordered fries and started talking. I told him about NYU and he told me about UCLA. I told him about how I ended up in this situation and he offered to keep me company for the whole night.

I excused myself to go to the bathroom and he said he'd just be ordering drinks for himself and water for me. I pushed through people and finally reached the girls bathroom door. I walked in and the bathroom was surprisingly large. I washed my face and looked at my reflection. I fixed my hair and smoothed out my shirt to look more put together, since every other girl is wearing a dress.

I walked out of the bathroom and back to the booth I was sitting at and saw Nathan sipping a drink. I sat down and Nathan said, "Why don't we dance?", pulling me up with him.

"No, I don't think that's a good idea. Hey, why don't I just go find my boyfriend and see if that girl's still around him." I said rolling my eyes.

"Oh okay, I'll go back to the booth. Be careful and be safe." He smiled. I nodded and turned around.

I moved around people dancing and went to the bar. Luke wasn't there so I was going to turn to go to the bathroom when I saw Amber kissing Luke. My heart stopped and my stomach dropped. How could he. I couldn't move and Luke turned his head and made eye contact with me. He moved and took a step towards me. I didn't wait and bolted the other way. I passed the booth and the bar, and ran out the entrance. I sat on the curb and stared at the street.
"Hey! Ava!", Nathan jogged over to me breathlessly, "What happened? Why did you run out?"

"That girl, Amber, was on my boyfriend, Luke. She was kissing him." I said. I didn't cry, I had no reason to. She kissed him and he didn't push her off. He didn't do something to stop it.

A moment after, Luke came out of the nightclub. "Ava, wait." Then he turned, "Who's this?", looking annoyed.

"This is Nathan, the person who talked to me while you were off with Amber." I said.

"Get out of here, we're trying to talk in private." Luke glared at Nathan.

"I'm not trying to start a fight here, man." Nathan said, raising his hands up in defense.

Nathan looked at Luke and then at me, "You sure you're okay?" I nodded and he turned back and into the nightclub.

Luke immediately became more frustrated. "I wasn't 'off' with Amber. She wanted to spend time with me because we hadn't seen each other in ages and I know this was supposed to be our night and I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, Ava." He looked down.

"Why didn't you push her off?" I said, looking at him.

He sighed and looked up at me. "I did. You saw us at the moment where she came on to me. After I saw you was the moment I pushed her off." He stepped closer to me, "Ava, I'm sorry, it wasn't my fault but I stopped it. Once it happened, I stopped it. I told her I never wanted to speak to her again and I stopped it."

"Okay, fine", I sighed, "Just- just take me back home please."

"Fine." Luke led me to his car. The car ride was silent until we got to my house. I was about to open the door but he held my arm. "Wait, Ava. I want to tell you that I love you and I'm so sorry about Amber again. It meant nothing and you should know that. The only person I love is you."

"I know. It was painful to see you with her. I just have a lot of emotions right now and I just want to sleep it off." I said. "Alright, I'm going, I'll talk to you tomorrow."

He nodded his head, "Okay. Goodnight,  love. We'll talk soon."

I opened the car door and walked up to my front steps. I turned around and gave Luke a small smile. He waved and then drove off. I turned and unlocked the front door.

I just needed sleep.
_________________________
I got my results back and I'm in AP English. Yay for more responsibilities for my Junior year in high school!!!1!1!1!1 Don't get me wrong I'm excited about it but even the teacher herself says the class is literal hell. -Ana

Social media:
Instagram: Everyonesadreamer
Twitter: aanahittt
Tumblr: Iridescent-adolescenttt
Have a nice day