february 3rd, 2021

"daddy what are these?" calum looked up from his spot curled up underneath his comforter to see tucker across the room pointing to all the photo albums on one of the book shelves.

"those are photo albums bud." calum yawned. "come back and snuggle. we can look at them later."

tucker giggled and tottered back over to calum. he climbed up onto the bed and under the covers to nuzzle himself into calum's warm torso. the twenty five year old pulled the covers over their heads before playfully pinning tucker down and starting to blow raspberries on his tummy.

"daddy!" tucker squealed in glee.

"what are you two still doing in bed? it's almost two o'clock in the afternoon." calum and tucker poked their heads out from underneath the covers to see joy leaning against the door frame.

"just chilling out." calum chirped. "we've been up for awhile by the way. we just haven't gotten out of bed."

"well come on get up." joy ordered. "let's get you two something to eat."

"you hungry little man?" calum asked looking down at his five year old son. tucker nodded enthusiastically and that was all it took for calum to kick the covers off and swoop the little boy up into his arms.

"i'll be downstairs in a sec." joy said before leaving the two alone.

"do we have to get dressed?" tucker asked looking down at their attire that consisted of t-shirts and boxers while calum got him situated comfortably on his hip.

"nah. we can stay in our pajamas." calum replied before carrying the little boy downstairs. he spun in circles and twirled tucker around playfully as they made their way into the kitchen.

"well good morning you two. or should i say afternoon?" they both looked up to see david sitting down on one of the stools at the island typing away on his phone.

"hi dad." calum said plopping tucker down on one of the stools before sitting next to him.

"do you guys want anything to drink?" david asked locking his phone and placing it down on the counter.

"can i have some juice please?" tucker replied shyly.

"of course." david stood up and walked over to the fridge to find a juice box for tucker. "cal? you want anything?"

"i'm okay." he said shaking his head. david nodded in response and went back to looking for one of the juice boxes joy had picked up from the store.

"so i ordered a pizza is that alright?" joy exclaimed walking into the kitchen. calum shrugged.

"i guess." calum mumbled. "tucker's never had pizza before so he might not like it. i dunno. i'm fine with it though"

"well if he doesn't like it we can fix something up for him." calum nodded and pulled tucker into his lap.

"you wanna go lay on the couch with me bud? cuddle for a bit?"

"yeah. i like cuddling with you." tucker said.

"cuddling with you is my favorite thing to do." calum whispered before standing up and carrying the five year old over to the couch. he placed tucker down on the floor before stretching out on the couch and motioning for the little boy to climb up on top of him.

"can we watch tv?" tucker asked looking up at calum.

"sure." calum answered reaching for the remote and turning to the tv on. he flipped through the channels before finding a suitable cartoon for the five year old.