january 9th, 2021: part three

tucker was scared. there was too much going on outside the patrol car for him to process anything. everything was a blur. it had gotten dark out and started to rain making everything so confusing to tucker. so many different colored lights that hurt his eyes and everything was moving so fast. the lady sitting next to him was too busy talking to the guy driving to pay much attention to tucker but he didn't mind. all he wanted was calum. soon enough the car stopped and tucker looked out the window at his surroundings. there was multiple patrol cars with red and blue flashing lights that made tucker's head hurt.

"stay here with officer maxwell tucker." the lady said before opening her door. "i'll be right back." she quickly climbed out of the car and shut the door before tucker could get out himself.

"daddy!" tucker cried banging on the door.

"hey bud it's going to be okay." the man in the front said softly turning around to look at the distraught five year old.

"i want daddy!" he whimpered.

"i know you do. they're going to get him for you i promise." tucker ignored the man and continued to bang on the door while crying out for calum. he had lost sight of the nice lady and that worried him even more. he just wanted calum and she said that she would find him.

tucker was frantically looking around for her or calum. he was desperate. there were a couple cops standing in the driveway talking while many more were in the backyard but he couldn't find her.

"open the door!" he whined continuing to bang on the window. "open it!"

"tucker you need to relax." officer maxwell sighed. "they're going to get your dad for you. you need to stay calm."

"no!" tucker yelled. "i want daddy now."

"tucker please." the officer cried. tucker nodded and went silent. 

he was still standing on the seat staring out the window taking in his surroundings. his gaze finally landed back on the open gate and he stared straight into the backyard seeing nothing but black beyond the fence. all of a sudden a figure emerged from the backyard frantically running towards the road yelling.

it was calum. the twenty four year old was in a state of panic trying to locate tucker, yelling out his name over and over again.

"daddy!" tucker screamed when he realized it was calum. he started to bang on the window as calum desperately yelled and searched for the car that held tucker. "daddy! i'm in this one!"

"tucker!" calum shouted. "where the fuck is my son?"

"daddy!" tucker screeched banging on the window again. calum whipped his head around and his eyes connected with tucker's.

"tucker!" he yelled before running up to the car and frantically tried to open the door. "open the fucking door."

"daddy!" tucker cried slapping his hands on the window. "let me out!" calum continued to yell at the cops until finally the door unlocked and calum quickly tore it open.

"tucker!" calum sobbed grabbing the little boy and cradling him in his arms. he collapsed to the ground and rocked the five year old back and forth. calum buried his head in the crook of tucker's neck and held him as tight as possible.

"daddy." tucker whimpered. "i love you."

"god i love you too baby boy. so goddamn much." calum cried. he felt someone place their hand on his shoulder and he flinched out of reflex.

"it's okay. i'm not going to hurt you." the officer soothed. "i just need you two to get into the car." calum nodded.

"of course." he mumbled before standing back up and climbing into the backseat with tucker still in his arms. the officer gently shut the door before going around to the other side and climbing into the passenger seat.