february 20th, 2021

"are you fucking kidding me?"

calum silently watched from his bed as michael angrily spew words into his cell phone pacing back and forth across calum's bedroom floor.

"put him on the phone..." michael paused waiting for the person to respond to him. "what do you mean he refuses to come to the phone? ashton put him on the phone now!"

michael was trying to keep his voice down thinking calum and tucker were still asleep but he was growing more and more frustrated. and that made it hard for him to stay quiet.

little did he know calum woke up the second michael unraveled himself from his body and left the bed.

"he needs to fucking grow up." michael spat into the phone before hanging up and slamming it down on calum's old desk.

calum quietly untangled himself from the sleeping five year old clinging to his torso and climbed out of the bed. he padded his way over to michael and wrapped his arms around the boy's waist from behind.

"fuck." michael muttered, jumping at the contact. "i woke you up didn't i?"

"eh. kinda." calum sleepily mumbled resting his head on the small of michael's upper back, right between his two shoulders. "i woke up when you left the bed."

"so you heard the whole conversation?"

"your side of it."

"do you wanna know what ash was saying?" michael asked turning around in calum's grasp to face him.

calum shrugged. "no not really. i rather go eat breakfast."

"go back to bed i'll go get us some food." michael whispered pressing a chaste kiss to calum's forehead.

"alright." calum mumbled. "don't take too long."

"i won't." michael replied pulling away from calum and gently shoving him towards the bed.

calum climbed back under his comforters and pulled the still sleeping five year old back onto his torso.

"baby boy it's time to get up." calum murmured softly brushing the long hair out of his face.

tucker whined almost inaudibly and nuzzled his head into calum's chest.

"tuck mikey's bringing us some food you gotta wake up." calum said lightly shaking the boy.

"what kind of food?" he yawned still not making a move to get up.

"i dunno." calum replied. "we'll see when he gets back."

"what are we doing today?" tucker asked finally opening his eyes and looking at his father.

"don't know about that either." calum sighed. "maybe just stay in bed and watch movies all day."

"can we look at all your pictures?" tucker sat up and pointed over to calum's bookshelf that held multiple photo albums and yearbooks.

"yeah sure i guess so."

"i come bearing rations!" michael shouted playfully walking into the room with a tray full of breakfast foods.

"there is no way you made that all in that little time you were gone." calum said sitting up in bed and leaning against the headboard.

"you got me there. your mom was already making this all when i got down there. she just put it all on this tray and sent me on my way." michael replied grinning. "she's such a doll."

"you're weird." calum joked.

"tell me something i don't know lover."

"feed us already." calum demanded patting the empty space on the bed next to him.