Chapter 1: Home

The team members looked back and forth at each other hearing Rip's words.  Home?  Their mission wasn't completed yet.  Did he mean home as in his home or theirs?  The ride all the way to Star City was quiet.  Once the wave rider landed, the team got out of their seats and followed Rip exiting the wave rider.

"What are we doing here Rip?"  Mick growled seeing he had returned them back to Star City.  "This mission has become trickier than I thought it would.  And I have wasted enough of your guys' time.."  Sara narrowed her eyes slightly.  "What do you mean?  So you're saying Leonard died for nothing?  What of Vandal Savage?  What are we supposed to do now?  Just go on and live our lives as if nothing has ever happened?"  She glared at the man.

Rip took a deep breath flinching slightly at Sara's comment.  "That may be a tad bit difficult."  He muttered.  "What do you mean?"  Sara asked him.  "I had to bring you back to May 2016 not January 2016."  Jackson raises his eye slightly.  "Wait.  So you're saying, for the last five months my parents were probably thinking I was dead?  Thanks a lot dude."  He said in a sarcastic tone.

"Look.  We came here to finish a mission yet, and it's not finished.  If you're getting on that ship, we are getting on that ship."  Mick said giving Rip a poke.  As he did so, Rip's figure began to flutter in and out.  The members looked at him oddly.  "The truth?"  He said looking at Mick.  "I never left it.  I wish you all luck."  He said before his hologram figure disappeared.  They glanced up in time to see the ship take off.  Mick looked at it full of anger.  "I never liked that guy!"  As the others went their separate ways, back to their family, Sara did the same.  However, when she reached Laurel's place, her sister wasn't there.  She went to the second best place.  The foundry.

As the foundry doors opened, Sara stepped inside.  She narrowed her eyes slightly.  It looked rather empty, which she didn't like.  "Hello?  Anyone here?"  She called out and made her way up on to the platform to see her dad.  "Dad!"  She smiled calling out to him.  Lance had been checking on places where Dahrk could be hiding when he heard his daughter's voice.  He looked up and smiled standing out of his chair. "Hey..  When did you get back?"  He asked hugging her as she approached him.

"I just got back.  I went to Laurel's and she wasn't there.  Is everything alright?"  She asked noticing her dad's change in mood at the mention of her sister's name.  She could tell he was hesitating to tell her.  Lance took a deep breath. "Dahrk..  He's still been after the town.."  He started unsure if he would be able to finish.  Sara rolled her eyes.  "Well.  Good to know nothing's changed the last five months."

Hearing those words, Quentin closed his eyes taking a deep breath.  This worried Sara as she knew her dad's recent history of heart problems. "Dad?"  Quentin opened his eyes to look at Sara. "Dahrk...  He was in prison..  But he broke out.."  Sara's heart pounded fast.  She could sense something was very wrong with the way he was acting.  She swallowed, in a way knowing what he was going to say.  It would be a reason why nobody was here, and her sister wasn't at home.  "Oliver..  Your sister tried to stop him but.."  Sara shook her head feeling the tears starting to flow.  "No..  Dad..  No.."  She began to mutter the same words.  Quentin closed his eyes again hearing Sara's reaction.  He quickly pulled her close to hug her tight.  "It's okay.  I've got you.."  He whispered.