Chapter 13

"I'll be right back." Harry said to me before leaving out the kitchen. He turns back to me and opens his mouth to say something else, "Don't leave the house."

I hope he didn't forget that I'm not living by his rules, I rented one-fifth of the space.

I don't argue and I just not my head and wait for him to leave out the front door, and as I hear his car leave I get out of the kitchen to grab the ingredients I left on the table.

It looks like I'm home alone, but I like it because I can do what I want. Like: Sing Little Mix songs as loud as I can and try to hit Perrie's high note. I'm such a geek.

While baking these damn cookies, it's amazing how many times I've burned myself, where are the damn mittens? I used a rag hoping that would help. Not so much. I have burns all over my right hand, and I keep laughing at myself. Well at least I think it's funny, Harry will laugh with me.

I want to deliver these cookies but my car is still at the park. Crap. Crap. Crap.

I grab the cookies and walk to the park and I see my car, and luckily it looks just fine. No body keyed it, no scratches, it looks good. I get in the car and put the key in the ignition and head to Liam's house.

As pull up to Liam's house, I see that everything looks different. I walk up nervously to his porch and ring his doorbell. Liam answers the door and gives me a fake smile.

"You know you can just walk right in." He's trying not to make me feel guilty. Not working Liam.

"I don't deserve to, and I'm sorry." I sound so dramatic but it's true.

"Come on, you're like my sister. I can't stay mad at you." He looks happier. "Especially when you brought cookies." We both laugh and I enter his house. We both hangout and eat some cookies together.

I'm waiting for the right time to tell him, when it's quiet. Finally there's an awkward silence.

"Liam..." I look at him and he looks back at me. "I went to cancer center.. and I don't have cancer."

His smile is big, bigger than any smile. He stands up from the couch and we hug like brother and sisters and Liam kisses my cheek. Aw, how sweet?

Best Friends Forever.

..

I'm driving home and I pull in the driveway, the black Range Rover is there. Harry's home.

I unlock the door and walk in and Harry storms to the front door. "Where the hell have you been?" He yelled.

"I was at Liam's-" Harry cut me off.

"With that prick?" Harry called my friend a 'prick'? Of course I'm going to get mad. I feel like grabbing his shirt and throwing him out the window, then again. He owns the house.

"Don't call him a prick!" I yell putting my hands in the air dramatically.

"I specifically told you not to go anywhere and-" He stops yelling and he's staring at something. Then I realize he's staring at my hand. He grabs my wrist aggressively.

"Who did this?" Harry said quietly.

"I was-" If he cuts me off one more time...

"Don't lie to me, what did Liam do?" What?

"Liam didn't do anything, I was baking and I burned myself. That's what happened. That's all that happened."

Harry is silent, and I'm definitely okay with that. I walk upstairs and walk into my room. I strip off and I get in the shower and wash off the dirt. Now I smell like vanilla.

I walk out the shower and I put on some yoga pants and a sweatshirt and I head back downstairs and Harry is at the kitchen counter next to the sink and sulking at the beige walls. He looked pretty disappointed to me.

"Are you okay." Harry hadn't noticed me in the room until I had said something, he must've been in deep thought.

"Yeah I'm fine." He says carelessly.

"I don't believe that."

"You keep getting hurt, and I don't want to see you hurt." He looks broken, he's starting to scare me. "Those guys were the guys at the bar, remember?" That's who they were! I knew they looked familiar, I just couldn't point it out because of me being drunk.

"Yes, I remember." My voice cracks and I cough it out to hide it.

"They obviously don't like me."

"They want to beat your ass again?" I laugh.

"Correction, I beat their asses." Harry joins in the laughing.

"Mmm Hmm." We both start laughing even harder and as soon as our laughing dies out it gets quiet.

"Where are the boys?" I ask, and I'm really serious I haven't seen since I was back.

"I don't really know, but if they're are with the other guys then I don't care." Other guys? They have a group.

"The other guys?" I ask.

"Zayn, Niall, Louis, Kat, Libby, Jessie, and Jack." He says and my eyes widen. Jessie?

"Who's Jessie?" I ask.

"You ask a lot of damn questions." Harry laughs. "A dick that sleeps with every girl that he looks at, don't hang out with him." I laugh. But when I look at Harry he was dead serious.