Chapter Four

The light returns...

My head is spinning; pain shot throughout my body in sharp, cutting intervals. I'm being dragged out by my feet. I can hear grunts as I'm sliding.

"For being small this bitch sure is heavy." Peter growled.

Good, I thought. I hope you break your back trying to drag me.

Without warning I felt my back hit a hard surface, making a hollow thud. I lost my breath for a moment, panicking slightly. I tried my hardest to open my eyes, if only for a second just to see where I was at and where they were taking me. My body was so sore, all of this pulling and slamming was only making it worse. Suddenly my attackers paused, dropping my feet and walking around to my side. They are discussing something but in a softer tone so that I don't hear anything. I can hear water close to where I am at, my nose inhaled the smell of the lake and the fresh air, while cold, was the only thing comforting me. I inhaled as much of it as I could before I felt two pairs of hand at my side and heard them counting. I felt the rough surface scratching against me and my mind began to piece together all the clues.

They took me to the lake.

They are going to dump me in the lake.

Shit.

Jazzy knew I couldn't swim. Since I never had parents I was never really taught to swim. I guess it's fitting though; I mean at least they weren't really torturing me.

"Good bye, Hannah." Jazzy whispered in my ear before I felt gravity pulling me down. The smack of water stung and it immediately entered nose and mouth, engulfing my body in its freezing grasp. I wasn't going to get out of this alive. I did my best to not panic, and tried to maintain whatever air I had left in my cramped lungs. My limbs were useless, they wouldn't move. If anything they weighed me down; my strawberry blonde darkened by the water and becoming more red in the moonlight  as it floated around my face and dancing as the surface of the water pulled further and further away from me. I would have cried if I could have; but if I really thought about it I didn't really have anything to live for. I've been a troubled child from the very beginning of my life. I never had parents, I never really had friends or a family or even a permanent home. Nobody would miss me so I guess it's selfish to cry for my own miserable existence. Nonetheless,  I felt a lump in my throat as the pain of suffocation consumed me. My eyes dulled out as I started to give up. I opened my mouth and spoke.

"I'm sorry..."

The water rushed in and filled my lungs as I gulped in the water. Panic set in once again, there was no air, no chance of survival. I just felt my heart pound harshly in my chest as I peacefully floated. My eyes fixated themselves on the moon far above me. Surprisingly the water was very clear tonight. At least I was allowed to have this calm and beautiful scene in front of me as I died. My eye lids slowly began to close as life escaped me. Suddenly there was a silhouette that stood on the dock, blocking my view of the moon. The current blew my hair away so I could see a little more clearly.

Hey, buddy, you are blocking my view!

My eyes closed fully as I just accepted my dumb luck. Someone would show up and ruin my perfect death view. Of course.

A loud splashing occurred over me and I could hear the water become disturbed it was almost as if someone had jumped in. Who cares, though? It's not like I have much of a chance to be noticed. I never was noticed anyway, probably because....

I wasn't...

Much of....

A....

He peered over the edge of the dock, the water smacking against the support beams underneath him

He peered over the edge of the dock, the water smacking against the support beams underneath him. The moonlight shined down into the clear water, exposing the sinking body he was looking for. He grunted in annoyance. To him, this was way too much work for simple prey. She was just a troublesome girl and yet he had been tasked to hunt her. She didn't deserve to be hunted by the Loup Garou; or at least that's what he believed. Apparently Selene disagreed.

He took a deep breath and jumped into the brisk water, letting it surround him. All he could hear was the movement of the water around him. He opened his eyes and there she was floating in limbo. Her arms floating up as she sunk. Her face barren of all expression besides that of peace, he swam next to her and took a moment to take her presence in. She was a beautiful specimen; though he still was convinced she wasn't worth all of this trouble. Her body was small but athletically built; her arms toned and her long hair dancing around in the water. Something shiny caught his eye. Around her long elegant neck was a sterling silver necklace with the trinity moon pendant on it.

Interesting.

He wrapped his arm around her small waist and he pulled her with him as he swam to the surface. Her body weighed him down some as they tore through the current. He pressed her frame closer to his firmly built one to make sure she didn't slip as he gripped onto the bottom of the ladder and pulled them up briskly. He slammed her down on the dock, the force enough to knock the water out of her lungs. She coughed violently, water gurgling and spilling out of her mouth. She was still weak, too weak for him to even want to kill her. Prey too easy was boring and uninteresting in his eyes. She didn't even bother to wake up.

He leaned down closely; his face now mere inches away from hers as he felt her hot breath grave over his skin. She was alive, this meant there would be another chance to hunt her. A deep and crazed chuckle broke from him as a dark smile crept onto his face. He brushed some of her wet hair that clung to her to the side, exposing her slightly pointed ears. He leant down nearer to her. His lips brushed against her smooth skin; her scent filled him. She smelled like the forest and fresh lavender; a scent that made him miss his pack. She truly was beautiful, she was his prey.

"Listen closely," he rasped. "You are mine. You are a marked angel and you will see me again. Try to stay alive, little one."

He pushed himself off of her limp form, catching a small tear rolling down her face. He smirked and stepped over her, only bending down again to pick up her necklace. He gripped it and roughly tore it off of her. Standing, he turned back around and sprinted away.

She'll be fun. He decided. He could smell the wild in her and he couldn't wait to see her again.