Chapter 11

She was right there, right in his sights. She was so close he could almost taste her now. She wore a loose fitting sweater that was blue at the top and faded to white at the bottom and she wore dark blue skinny jeans with white Vans on her feet. Her hair was recently washed and blow dried in a hurried fashion. She brought nothing but her iPod and a pair of Beats headphones that were styled in galaxy colors. He watched as she scanned through her songs, waiting beside a dark grey Charger for whoever she was staying with.

Temporary custody, he thought with a cocky smirk; don't worry this game will soon be over. He was about to step off of the curb that was positioned across the street, he pulled his biker jacket closer to him and then stopped in his tracks.

This must be Ren. He noted the man that was hurrying out of the large house. He backed up onto the side wall again and continued to watch. She flung her hair to one side, her scent slapping into him, and got into the passenger seat of the car. She glanced in his direction for a moment, her eyes meeting his. He felt something in him stir from just gazing into her eyes. Ty raised his hand, calling on a taxi, his eyes never leaving the Charger. He would follow her to the ends of the earth if he had to.

A yellow taxi cab pulled up and he made his movements quick. If the taxi cab driver had been paying attention he might have noticed that Ty's speed was inhuman.

"Follow that Charger." He directed, his voice gruff. Determination now plastered on his face, he knew that this had to be it. He had to get her into his arms and he had to get her to Selene.

It was silent in the car, no music or radio talk filled the empty air

It was silent in the car, no music or radio talk filled the empty air. The silence made me uneasy, their was a tension in the air. I reached for the audio jack, plugging it in and hearing the click of the plug and the fuzz of the radio. I went straight into my ITunes and scrolled through my songs. I caught a glimpse of a song that caught my eyes.

Eyes on Fire by Blue Foundation. This was the perfect song for the mood.

"Put on your seat belt," he commanded lightly, my head shot up and my brows furrowed together in confusion. He's got to be kidding right? I didn't feel like fighting, or at least not at the moment, and I did as I was told; the belt made a loud click as it connected with its missing puzzle piece. "Thanks."

"Mind telling me why you have a sudden interest in my education?" I asked, surprised at how icy my tone came out. I studied his face, noting his features. His green eyes seemed somewhat distant but his sun kissed skin made his angry looking features less intimidating.

"No," he said curtly, his tone just as sharp as mine had been. What the hell had happened?

I sat in silence, listening to the music and stared out of the window. Every now and then I looked back at him only to see his blazing eyes still staring straight ahead at the road. He was speeding and it took everything in my power not to say something. I didn't want to upset him more. I mean, he was perfectly fine before we left the house. I let my head relax against the head of the seat and let my eyes close as I began to drift to sleep as I listened to the music. It had been a rough night for me and clearly I was enjoying my little nap, that was until the car jerked into a sudden stop. I was jerked awake and I tossed a dark glare in his direction and then glanced around.

Sharpey Community College. My face turned white as my heart sunk. Jazzy and Peter went to school here. I only knew that because I went with Jazzy a few times when I was bored. I wasn't in a safe place anymore.

"Hannah?" Ren asked, his voice tight and controlled. Gods, why was he so mad? I raised my eye brows at him, trying to pull myself together.

"Hm?" I answered, trying to clear my throat quietly.

"You OK?" He was looking into his phone now, but his question was directed at me. His voice was still harsh.

"Yeah," I croaked out the lie.

"Don't lie to me, please?"

"What?" I tried to play off my lie, hoping he would just drop it.

"You heard me." His voice came out as a warning now. My eyes narrowed and I looked away.

"Ren, don't worry about it. It's just too complicated, okay?" I said with an attitude.

He exhaled sharply and climbed out of his car, slamming his door.

"Sure, Hannah, just keep it all bottled in like you always do. I'm only trying to help you." He growled out his clarification. I rolled my eyes and just walked away. I had no time nor the energy to fight with him today. "Hannah!" He called. Alarm pounded through me and I whipped around, putting my hand on his mouth.

"Would you just shut up?" I hissed and looked around. No one was watching us, thankfully, however I still didn't like this situation. I let my hand fall away from his mouth, his eyes burrowed into me.

"Why?" He asked me sternly.

"I should be asking you that same thing," I redirected the topic smoothly, "like what the hell? What's with you? You were all happy this morning and all of a sudden we get in the car and you act like I fucking crashed your car." I pressed angrily. I wanted to raise my voice at him, my frustration was rising. However, I had to keep my cool and not make a scene. He closed his eyes tightly, his jaw going slack. He was definitely angry.

I stood there in silence for a little while, refusing to leave without an explanation. Suddenly I heard him heave out a sigh and he scratched his head, afterwards he let his hand fall to his side with a slap.

"I'm sorry." He sounded a lot more composed now.

"Okay."

"My girl and I got in a fight. She doesn't like the fact that you are staying with me." He explained calmly. My shoulders relaxed and I looked away. Guilt suddenly took over. He had a girl? I didn't know that.

"Oh..."

"Anyway don't worry about it, it will blow over sooner or later." He tried to reassure me. He didn't have to, though. It was clear, I had to move out. This wasn't part of my plan, I never wanted to get between anyone and their happiness. Awkwardness tension took the place of angry tension and we silently agreed to head into the building. That was the thing about Ren and I; we didn't need to speak in order to understand one another.

As I neared the building a strange feeling came over me, making my stomach twist. I didn't like the feeling I was getting, it made me feel extremely uncomfortable. This was going to be a long day, and I'm not sure hedgehogs can cure it.