Chapter 15

She blinked her eyes in the early-morning sun. A lone ray that had snuck its way passed the two wooden planks that were nailed into the windowsill and illuminated half of her face. Her brow wrinkled from the disturbance of the ray's brightness. Ty could see the dust particles floating in the air above her pale frame and his eyes narrowed. A rough cough erupted from her, followed by a groan. He struck her hard when he found her, maybe too hard but there's always collateral damage when executing a plan. She just happened to be both the victim and the collateral damage. Ty remained in the corner, still as the night. His fingers entwined and his hands covering his mouth. His arms were resting on his knees, his back hunched over as he sat on the edge of his seat. He didn't want to make much noise getting up, he always enjoyed playing with his prey before the kill anyway. With an audible gasp she shot up as if the floor was lava. Her chest heaved, her breath heavy with adrenaline fueled confusion. Hannah searched the room, her eyes squinting as if doing so could pierce through the darkness. Her actions made him sneer with amusement.

"H-hello?" Her voice was weak, but there was certainty in it. Somehow she knew he was down there, watching her. His eyes widened for a moment before zeroing in on her again. Her strawberry blonde hair was messy and tangled. His fault, he was sure of that. He wondered what she was thinking.

     He put me in a fucking dog collar?! My fingers brushed over the cold metal collar that was screwed on tightly around my neck

     He put me in a fucking dog collar?! My fingers brushed over the cold metal collar that was screwed on tightly around my neck. I was wondering what felt so heavy about me, then I heard the sound of the chain. Amazing how much you miss when you first come back to consciousness. I gave a hard yank to the chain, finding it linked to the dampened wall behind me. I heard a deep chuckle of amusement behind me, making me jump and turn on the ball of my heel.

"I don't think that's going to work," I heard his voice. My eyes searched the darkness, looking for a sign of movement. Though his voice came from the corner, I suspected that he was somewhere else. My gut just had a feeling. I gulped nervously, trying to steady my fleeting nerves.

"W-where are you?" I stuttered, absolutely no confidence emitting from my cracking voice. The crunching of the dust beneath his boots seemed louder in the seemingly empty dark pit of a room. I could see the black toes of his boots in the sun spots on the floor. My eyes narrowed, peaking passed the darkness. His icy blue eyes broke through the blackness, making me freeze. My blood turned ice cold, my legs buckling out from under me. I fell to my knees, and pushed myself against the wall as he advanced forward. The damp, cold brick was rough and hard. I could feel the cold sleeping through my clothes. He crossed his arms over his chest, I could see the muscles in his arms bulge and flex. God he was huge!

His face came into view, I could see the stubble on his jawline and the messiness of his hair dripping water on the floor. He had evidently just taken a shower whereas I sorely needed one. He stared down at me, sneering at me.

"Does this answer your question?" He stood in front of me, his arms spread as if to say 'here I am!'

I kept my mouth shut, but my eyes on him. He stared down at me, his blue eyes flashing a white hot yellow. I blinked and gave a small gasp. My hand flew as if to steady myself on the wall.

"What the hell are you?" I exclaimed, the pitch of my voice leaping as my breath left my lungs. If I wasn't pissing myself now, I sure as hell was close. He grunted, standing up a little straighter.

"Wouldn't you like to know?" He avoided my question, turning away on the heel of his boots. He walked back into the darkness and I could hear floorboards creak. His footsteps fell heavy as he ascended, I was left behind to stare at him as he walked off. A sliver of light widened as he opened the door, his silhouette slipping through the opening before shutting and locking the door behind him. I wasted no time, my fingers clawing at the metal collar around my neck. There had to be some type of key hole here somewhere right?

Just as I was about to give up hope my nails scratched against an opening. It was small, but it was something. I glanced up at the door, my hand reaching up and taking a bobby-pin out of my hair. Some of my strawberry blonde bangs fell forward. I stick the ends into my mouth, stripping the wax ends off so that the sharpened and squared off edges were exposed. I twisted the pin, sticking it into the hole. I could hear metal on metal grinding and scratching against each other. My eyes were glued on the door and I paused whenever I thought I saw the doorknob jiggle. I bit my bottom lip, my forehead beading with sweat.

"Dammit!" I hissed out, about to give up when a familiar and all too soothing sound of a click! I felt the collar going limp as the ends parted slightly. Cold air whisked across my neck, sending shivers down my spine. I was tempted to throw it off of me but stopped short at the thought of the loud noise that would make. Instead I gently peeled it off of me and set it off to the side. I had to get out of here, the only question is how?