Chapter Sixteen~

Travis's POV.

I felt my heart sink as those words left her mouth.
Guilty.
But I'm not, I never killed anyone, I wouldn't!
"What!?" Ross exclaimed. "But I've never lost a case!" He exclaimed. Aphmau shot up from the back row. "That is a filthy lie and you know it, Ross!" She exclaimed. "Oh be quiet Aphmau! I only lost that case because the people in the courtroom were stupid enough to believe your evidence!" Ross exclaimed. "You're just mad because I proved I was better than you!" Aphmau exclaimed. "The guy killed someone!" Ross exclaimed. "He was insane!" Aphmau yelled. "All the more reason that he should have gone to jail!" Ross exclaimed. Two policemen dragged them both out of the courtroom while they kept screaming at each other.
  I thought for a moment, I'm going to jail. Oh no, I won't survive a week there. I started to panic, but on the inside. The sound of the judges voice pulled me out of my thoughts. "Travis Valkrum, your sentence is Twenty Five years, with the eligibility of parole." He said, hitting the gavel on the wood.
  The two police walked over to me and lead me through a door. I looked back to see people starting to leave, I spotted Zane, he was crying and Garroth trying his best to calm him down.
  Aphmau was right, I couldn't have stayed away from Zane for that long, how did they expect me to do so for Twenty Five Years. I lowered my head and silently cried myself.

Zane's POV.

  A few months have passed since Travis was confined, and I still hadn't gotten over it. I missed him and I wanted him back home more than anything.
  I was standing at the stove, fixing dinner. I had that uneasy feeling again, like I was being watched. But Rose and I were the only ones at the house, and Rose was in her bedroom, probably either playing or reading. I shook it off and went back to cooking, but froze when I heard the front door open. At first I thought that it may have been either Garroth or Laurence since they both helped me with raising Rose, and they've actually been really helpful. "Garroth..?" I called out, no response. "Laurence!?" I asked, still not getting a response. I heard footsteps walking into the living room.
  My heart stopped for a few moments when I remembered that Garroth told me that he and Laurence were going out on a date tonight. I turned off the stove and grabbed a knife from the drawer. I heard footsteps walk into the kitchen and I turned around, hiding the knife behind my back.
  I gasped and dropped the weapon, tears started to fill up in my eyes. Standing there was Travis, I couldn't believe it. He smiled warmly at me and took a few steps closer. Did he escape or something? This couldn't have been real, I wanted to believe it but I just couldn't.
  He walked up to me and smiled again. "T-Travis...?" I asked. He tugged down my mask and kissed me, but it didn't feel right.
  I pushed him away, making him stumble back a little.
"Y-you're not Travis..."