Chapter Five~

Zane's POV.

"Zane, just this once wake up when I want you to!" Travis whispered, shaking me slightly. "Travis.. I-it's three in the morning and I just want some sleep.." I muttered, rolling over and pulling the blanket over my head. "Zane, please?" He asked. "Can't it wait until morning..?" I said, nuzzling my head into the pillow, starting to drift off. I snapped my head up when Travis picked me up, carrying me bridal style down the stairs. "T-Travis!? What are you doing!?" I asked. He set me down and gave me my jacket. "Just come with me.." He gave me a warm smile. I sighed. "Alright, fine.. But I'm not getting up in the morning, this guy is sleeping in!" I said. Travis laughed. "Come on! Let's go!" He said. I pulled on my coat and he grabbed my wrist, pulling me out of the door.
I had no idea where we were going, but it had to be good if he had to wake me up at three in the morning for it. It was pitch black outside so Travis had his phone's flash light to show where we are going. "Where are we even going?" I asked. "It's a surprise!" Travis giggled. Ok, he was planning something..
We must have ran through the entire city before we finally reached somewhere that seemed to be just outside of it.
It was a wide opened field with a big lake  in the middle. It looked as if no one owned it. It was quite a beautiful sight. The moon was low and seemed to touch down on the lake and stars peppered the sky. "Wow..." I muttered, astonished. Travis laughed. "Do you like it?" He asked. "Y-yeah, I-it's beautiful..." I said. Travis took my hand and slowly lead me to the edge of the lake. He turned and faced me. He put his hands on my shoulders and softly kissed me. He pulled away after a few moments.
"What? Bring me out here just to kiss me?" I asked, jokingly. He blushed lightly and smiled. "N-no..." He muttered. He started to twiddle his fingers.
"Z-Zane, after well... Dying, once, I realized how precious life really is, and I also realized that when I was younger I always wanted to spend the rest of my life with the one I loved the most.." He said.
My heart sped up as he reached into his pocket. "Then.. I realized that you were the one I loved the most so..." He pulled out a small box. "Zane Ro'Maeve.." He got down on one knee. ".. Will you marry me..?"