Chapter 8

Chapter 8

"This is such a relief." Rick said. He helped Kate get out of bed so they could leave and she could change out of her hospital gown and get back into her clothes. "I know. It really is. I'm so glad." Suddenly, she felt like the room was spinning and was dizzy. "Can you help me get dressed? I'm still in so much pain and I feel dizzy right now." She said, leaning over toward her knees with her hand rubbing her stomach. "Of course. You know I will do anything to help you, especially when you're not feeling well." He said, rubbing her back. "Let's lay you back down and I'll go get you some water. You're probably dehydrated." He laid her back down in the bed and kissed the top of her hair. "I'll be right back, honey. Is there anything else you need?" He asked. "No, I just need you." She smiled at him and he left. Once he got back with the water, she sipped some. "Thanks, babe." "How are you feeling?" He asked and she sat up. "Better, I think I was dehydrated and got up too fast, not to mention I still have bad cramps." She stood up and she raised her hands up while he pulled the gown off of her. There she was, in her bra and underwear, with her bare stomach out. She looked in the mirror and sighed. Her stomach was starting to get to be the size of a watermelon, she thought. She was starting to really feel insecure about her body. "Kate, stop. I know what you're thinking. You're beautiful inside and out." "No, I'm your fat, moody, wife. I see the way women look at you when we were at your last book signing. I'm sure you would rather-" he cut her off by caressing her face and crashing his lips onto hers. "No, just stop, Kate." He said, after they pulled apart for air. "But-" "But nothing. I'm not that kind of guy anymore." "I know. I just get jealous because I want you all to myself and when I see girls look at you with love eyeballs, I feel insecure and especially now since I know I'm fat and ugly." "You need to stop saying that. Just because you're pregnant doesn't mean anything. You are stunning, Kate. You blow everyone away and I only have eyes for you. If anything, I should be worried about the way men look at you." He pulled her close to him. "You really always know the right thing to say. And you know you never have to worry about other men looking at me because you're the love of my life and I only have eyes for you, babe." Rick leaned down touching her stomach. "Hello, little one." He said and kissed it. "That was quite the scare. Please don't do that to us again." He said, rubbing it. "I could never live with myself if we lost you." Kate said, as she put her hand on top of his. "Mommy and daddy love you very much." "And we can't wait to meet you." He finished helping her get dressed. "Let's get out of here and go pick up your prescription so we can go home and you can rest." "Sounds good to me." They locked their hands together and walked out.