Chapter 11

Chapter 11
*1 month later*
"RICK!" Kate yelled from the bathroom. "I think my water just broke." She said, when he ran in. "Operation Castle baby is a go!" This made Kate laugh. Kate had packed a bag with all her stuff in it prior so they would be ready to go when she went into labor. "Car seat, check. Diapers, check. Wipes, check." Rick went down the list to make sure they had everything they needed.
Once they got to the hospital, the doctors gave Kate an epidural to help with the pain of her contractions. "Rick, I'm so nervous." "You're going to do great. I'll be right by your side the whole time." There was a knock at the door. "Come in." Kate said. "Hey girl!" Lanie said and went to her bedside to give her a hug. "How much are you dilated?" "About 4 cm." "I brought you a stress ball in case you want to hold while it you have contractions." Lanie said. "Thank you, Lanie." She said, squishing the ball. "I'm going to go to the cafeteria to eat some food. Do you want anything?" "No I'm fine, thanks." Shortly after, one by one, everyone else came in to see Kate.
"I'm freezing. Hold me please." Kate said. "Always." He grabbed some more blankets and then got in the bed with her and wrapped his arms around her. "Oww!" She said, rubbing her stomach and squeezing Rick's hand. "You're contractions are getting closer together which means Lily is coming soon." Rick said, smiling. "Can't wait." She responded.
Shortly after, the doctor came in and said it was time for her to push. "Alright, Kate. You can do this." Rick said, encouraging her and kissed the side of her hair. She continued to hold his hand and squeezed it every time she had a contraction. Rick rubbed her shoulder to comfort her. After pushing for about 45 mins, she gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. The doctor handed Lily to Kate. "She's beautiful just like her mother." Rick said and Kate kissed him. "I love you, Rick." "I love you too, Kate." "Mommy and daddy love you very much, Lily Johanna Castle!" Kate said, kissing their baby girl's forehead. Kate started crying tears of joy and Rick kissed the top of her hair. "It's time to start our family." Rick said, smiling and Kate handed Lily to him. "I love you, sweetheart. Mommy and I are always going to be here for you." He said. "Mom, wherever you are, please continue to be our guardian angels." She said. "She's proud of you, Kate." Rick said.
The End.