Ch 12 Axel's Fight

Axel ran away from the king and was scared but then he ran into Alexis. She said she saw the whole thing and said that he had every right to run away from the king. Axel said that he has lost the will to fight. Then Alexis told him that the only way to save Jaden is to fight this and not give up. Axel thought he couldn't do it but then Alexis began to say. "Axel we need him back he is the only one that can do anything about this evil and the only way to do that is duel him. I need you on my side or all hope is lost so what do you say we need you."

Axel then thought to himself and said that he could do it but he needed help. Then both of them ran into a freedom fighter and she led them to the last stronghold of the free people. They then saw a shady looking person telling them what to do and he believed that he was part of the kings army. Then in a room the shady person said to his cohort that there defenses will be useless against the king.

Axel and Alexis heard this and showed themselves so that Axel could get his confidence back by dueling this monster. Then the monster revealed his true form and was one of the fiends that witnessed Jim's demise and his name was Skull Knight. Axel said that the only way that he was going to win this war was through him. The fiend and his cohorts laughed and then he said "how did it feel running away?" Alexis reassured him that he was still strong and that he could defeat this clown. Then Axel said that he would duel the fiend and save the people that lived in this realm.

Skull Knight draws a monster and subsequently sets it. He then sets a card.

Axel draws "Tri-Blaze Accelerator". Axel's hand contains "Volcanic Mine", "Volcanic Armor", "Volcanic Slicer", "Volcanic Scattershot", and "Blaze Accelerator". Axel activates "Blaze Accelerator" and sends it to the Graveyard in order to activate "Tri-Blaze Accelerator". Now Axel, during each of his Main Phases, can send a Pyro-type monster from his hand to the Graveyard and destroy one of Skull Knight's monsters and inflict 500 damage to Skull Knight. If Axel activates this effect, he can't declare an attack this turn.

Axel then activates the effect of "Tri-Blaze Accelerator" to send "Volcanic Scattershot" from his hand to the Graveyard and destroy Skull Knight's set monster as well as inflict 500 damage to Skull Knight, but Skull Knight activates his face-down "Reverse Effector" to switch his set monster to Attack Position. The set monster is revealed to be "Magical Merchant" (200/700). The Flip Effect of "Magical Merchant" then activates, allowing Skull Knight to pick up cards from the top of his Deck until he picks up a Spell or Trap Card, which will be added to his hand. If Skull Knight picks up any monsters through this effect, they are sent to the Graveyard. Skull Knight picks up twelve monsters (revealed to be two "Gene-Warped Warwolfs", "Luster Dragon", "Archfiend Soldier", "Soul Tiger", "Mystical Elf", "Gigobyte", "Clown Zombie", "Fiend Scorpion", "Spiral Serpent", "Summoned Skull" and "Giant Soldier of Stone") and "Synthesis Spell", so the latter is added to his hand while the remaining picked up cards are sent to the Graveyard. After that resolves, the secondary effect of "Reverse Effector" sends "Magical Merchant" to the Graveyard. This negates the effect of "Tri-Blaze Accelerator" as its original target was removed from the field. Since "Volcanic Scattershot" was sent to the Graveyard, its first effect activates, inflicting 500 damage to Skull Knight (Skull Knight 4000 → 3500).

Axel then Normal Summons "Volcanic Slicer" (1800/1200) in Attack Position. Axel then activates the effect of "Volcanic Slicer" to inflict 500 damage to Skull Knight (Skull Knight 3500 → 3000) at the cost of forbidding "Volcanic Slicer" from attacking this turn. Axel then Sets two cards.

Skull Knight draws "Undead Lineage". He then activates "Synthesis Spell" to Tribute "Mad Dog of Darkness" and "Vorse Raider" from his hand and Ritual Summon "Lycanthrope" (2400/1800) in Attack Position. Skull Knight then activates "Undead Lineage" and equips the latter to "Lycanthrope". Now if "Lycanthrope" attacks, it will gain 500 ATK during the Damage Step only. If "Lycanthrope" would be destroyed by a card effect, "Undead Lineage" will be sent to the Graveyard instead.