Ch 15 The Past is Back

Jaden and the gang are walking through what looked like a sandy beach but with no water. Jaden saw something in the distance and ran towards it. Then he saw that it was a door most likely leading to another world. Jaden then walked to said door. Then an object got in the  way of Jaden that was thrown by Zane to stop Jaden. Zane said "Jaden you are not ready to duel yet. You just saw one of your friends get beaten and you want to rush in there and fight what could possible be stronger than that of the king."

Jaden said "but Jesse needed me." Zane said "he won't get help from you Jaden. We still don't know if you can duel properly. So I have an idea, we duel and if you win then you can go find Jesse. But if you can't then that proves that you are not ready to duel Yubel yet." So Jaden and Zane started their duel disks and said "duel." Zane draws "Armored Cybern" (0/2000) and subsequently Normal Summons it in Defense Position. He then sets a card.

Jaden draws "Elemental Hero Clayman". Jaden's hand contains "Polymerization", "Elemental Hero Sparkman", "Hero Barrier", "E - Emergency Call", and "Spark Blaster". Jaden, upon seeing "Polymerization", receives a vision of the Supreme King's evil acts, which haunts him. Jaden Normal Summons "Elemental Hero Clayman" (800/2000) in Attack Position and sets three cards ("Spark Blaster", "Hero Barrier", and "E - Emergency Call").

Zane draws "Power Bond" and subsequently activates it to fuse his three "Cyber Dragons" together and Fusion Summon "Cyber End Dragon" (4000/2800) in Attack Position. Due to the effect of "Power Bond", the ATK of "Cyber End Dragon" is doubled ("Cyber End Dragon": 4000 → 8000/2800). Zane then activates the first effect of "Armored Cybern" to equip the latter to "Cyber End Dragon". Now during each of Zane's Main Phases, he can activate the second effect of "Armored Cybern" to decrease the ATK of "Cyber End Dragon" by 1000 and destroy one card on Jaden's side of the field. Zane activates the effect of "Armored Cybern" four times to destroy all cards on Jaden's side of the field ("Cyber End Dragon": 8000 → 7000 → 6000 → 5000 → 4000/2800).[Notes 1]

Zane prepares to use "Cyber End Dragon" to attack directly, which would win him the Duel, however Zane's heart problems begins to act up, which causes the Duel to end with no result. Then Jaden is on his knees crying. Zane on the other hand was in a lot of pain because his heart stopped. Then Jaden decides to leave the area to find his fighting spirit back. Zane and Crowler stay behind till Zane gets better. Alexis follows Jaden every step of the way. When Jaden is walking he remembers his friends being sent to the stars and he not being able to save them. Jaden then had the feeling that someone was watching him other than Alexis. Jaden then ends up in the arena were he dueled Brron and remembered all the pain he had caused.

Then Jaden hears a evil laugh and he looks around to see who was making such an evil laugh. Then one of the fiends that was apart of the king army the one that was left that witnessed Jim's destruction. His name was Guardian Baou and he said "well, well, well, what have we here the former supreme king walking to places were he caused so many terrible acts." Jaden was about to say something when Baou said "I think that if I duel you and win my rise to power will be complete after all you are a very strong duelist."

Jaden thinks about it and accepts the challenge feeling that he to should be sent away and he thought that this was the best way to do it. Baou draws "Fiend Slime Mold" and subsequently Normal Summons it (500/0) in Attack Position. He then sets a card.

Jaden draws "Polymerization". Jaden's hand contains "Elemental Hero Burstinatrix, "Elemental Hero Wildheart", "Elemental Hero Bladedge", "Hero Mask", and "Feather Shot". Jaden Normal Summons "Elemental Hero Burstinatrix" (1200/800) in Attack Position. "Burstinatrix" attacks "Fiend Slime Mold", but Baou activates his face-down "Gravity Gain". Now all Level 4 or lower monsters can't attack. During each of Baou's Standby Phases, he must either Tribute one monster or destroy "Gravity Gain". The attack made by "Burstinatrix" is then nullified.