FIFTEEEN WOW

~Bleeding Roses~ 

Chapter Fifteen

The bright sunlight coming in through the window woke me. The yellow shine stretched across my eyelids like a lazy cat, and my eyes opened. 

Instantly I realized I was not alone in the bed. Jace flashed through my mind, but in the next moment I dismissed it. The thing was too small to be Jace. 

What was it? I started to panic, and I shoved it off the bed. It hit the floor with a thump-and an indignant yelp. Seconds later, Jace was running down the steps. 

“What happened?” he shouted. 

I forced my face to go blank, my eyes to widen. Elizabeth’s face was poking out from between the blankets. 

“Um...” I shifted on the bed. 

“She pushed me,” Elizabeth accused.  Jace’s raised eyebrows turned in my direction. 

“It wasn’t my fault...she startled me!” I quickly tried to remember the exact reason I had pushed it out of my bed, instead of simply uncovering it. 

"Whatever," Jace sighed, running his hand through his hair. He did that a lot when he was nervous or angry or exasperated…It was so cute. 

A thought struck me. Where were we going?

"Jace…" I spoke hesitantly, my eyelids slowly opening to expose my…balls. 

I burst out laughing, completely forgetting about what I was going to ask. 

Elizabeth fell on the floor with a thud as Jace dropped her, startled by my loud laughter. 

"Mind letting us in the joke?" she grumped. 

I shook my head, my body racked by tears of happiness. 

My eyelids opening to expose my balls….whoo! 

"Remind me that you are a crazy person."

"I'm a cr-cr-cr-crAZY… person." I sneezed. 

"Well, last night I was cold so I came down here and decided to let Jace spoo- warm me up. And then I get woken up the next morning by a CRAZY person."

"Yep. Jace, do we have any food?"

"I don't know. Why don't you come up stairs?"

"I'll come with." Elizabeth jumped up eagerly, but Jace pushed her down on the bed. 

"No, no, no. You relax. I'll…I'll bring you breakfast in bed."

"Well, okay then, Mr. Hunk," she replied flirtily, tossing her hair over her shoulder and sending him a wink. 

"Buh-bye!" she called out, giving him a funny little wave, wiggling her fingers. 

~A~B~C~D~E~F~G~H~I~J~K~L~M~N~O~P~Q~R~S~T~U~V~W~X~Y~Z~

"What are you doing?!" Jace grabbed me roughly by the arm, pulling me to a stop. I opened my mouth to reply with a tart 'what are you doing?!' but he didn't give me the chance. 

"No, I know what you're doing. You're being mean to that little girl because you're jealous!"

"Jealous?!" I retorted, indignant, stepping up to get right in his face. My cheeks were flaming, probably a tomato red by now. 

"Yeah, 'cause I'm paying more attention to her than I am to you!" 

"That is such a lie! If anyone is jealous, it's you!"

He was bewildered. "How am I jealous?"

"Oh, you've been jealous all along, ever since you first saw me in Delos' castle mansion thing. You couldn't stand that he was putting his paws all over a pretty little thing like me, and you were jealous that his paws weren't yours!" 

He rose up to his full height, looking very much like an avenging angel. The his hand shot out and slapped me right in the face. 

~A~B~C~D~E~F~G~H~I~J~K~L~M~N~O~P~Q~R~S~T~U~V~W~X~Y~Z~

Author's Note: Hey, hey, hey, short time no see. No, seriously. It was only a couple of days ago that I posted the last chapter, but I have a new reader and she asked me to upload, so I will! Even if it's short. :P I dedicated this chapter to her. 

So…unless someone new posts a comment, I am not going to upload again until I get:

4 votes

3 comments

Easy, right? And it's kind of pathetic that I'm begging for so little comments. Would I love more? Totally! Are you gonna give me more? No, of course not. 

So…until next time, my lovelies! 

Oh, and P.S., I got my laptop back. :D