Chapter 17

Chapter 17

I sighed, my heart filled with sorrow. Why was my life so crazy? I think I'm getting a mental disorder or something, because seriously? Everything is wacked up.

"Annie! Annie, where are you?"

'Haha,' I thought grimly, 'You'll never ever find me!'

Okay, he might, but at least I know it won't be for a long time. I was in the storage area, hiding behind some life vests and a life ring. You know, those things that are like tubes and you throw them out to save someone? Yeah, those.

Why was I hiding here? Well, because I feel like it. Also, I do not want to see Jace's face, nor Elizabeth's face for a long, long time.

I was mad at Elizabeth because she was flirting with my man! Okay, technically I'm not his girlfriend, and I don't wanna be because he is a major A-hole! But still, she's a child. A little demon child whom I hate. I was mad at Jace because...well, DUH! He slapped me! You think I'm gonna forgive him for that? I've a rough enough life as it is, I don't need him to screw it up anymore, okay?

Also, I was hungry. I had a dim memory of being inside a jail cell and being hungry, but my memories of that time were still incredibly hazy.

I sat there and thought. Then I thought some more. I thought about my life before now.

I missed my parents. Sure they were evil b*st*rds, but they still fed me and raised me.

I missed Lola too. Who was Lola? Lola was my best friend. I went over to her house whenever mine got too unbearable. She lived only a few streets away. Lola was gorgeous. She had fluffy brown hair and bright blue eyes. Well, that's technically a lie. She used to have fluffy brown hair, but only about two weeks before I left she dyed it bright purple.

Lola is so outgoing. I mean, not that I'm not. I'm like the most ghetto person of our school. Even though I'm not black. But hey, I'm not racist! So I'm ghetto too.

Why am I thinking about this? I should be thinking about a way to get back to that life!!

I mean, of course I know that's impossible. I know that my parents are with Delos and I can never go back. But I can't stay here with Jace and Elizabeth either! Oh, what to do, what to do.

"Annie! Come up right now!!! We're in danger!!"

My head snapped up, shaking me out of my thoughts. Danger? Huh?

Just then I realized the bottom of pants were wet. Did I pee myself? No, of course not! Then I saw it. Water was seeping across the floor, and I was sitting in water half an inch deep.

How did I not notice this? Wow, when I space out, I SPACE OUT.

See? There I go again. Concentrate, Annie, concentrate!! The boat is SINKING. Or, at least, I think it is. Maybe not. I don't know.

But I scrambled out of my hiding place, my sneakers getting soaked and life vests going every which way.

Oh yeah. I found some woman's clothes on the boat and-surprise, surprise-they were exactly my size. I was wearing a soft, camel-colored tee shirt and dark brown Capris. On my feet were some white Nike sneakers and bright yellow socks. My curly black locks were up in a ponytail.

I looked kind of strange, I know, but it was all I could find.

Oh, right! The boat-sinking. I forgot about that.

I raced up the stairs, my sneakers sliding on the slick floor. When I got up, I saw Jace looking for me frantically, in cabinets and such. I paused for a moment to stare at him. He was wearing new clothing too.

He was wearing a tight, white shirt that showed off his muscles VERY clearly, and khaki army pants. He was wearing white Nikes and bright yellow socks too.

Just then Elizabeth came bounding up the stairs, wearing the same maid's uniform she had gotten on the boat with.

"Jace?" I asked, softly. Still, his head shot up and stared at me.

"WHERE WERE YOU?? DON'T YOU KNOW THAT THE BOAT IS SINKING. I WAS FREAKING OUT, YOU HEAR?! NEVER EVER DO THAT AGAIN. DO. YOU. UNDERSTAND....DO YOU!?!?!?!?" His face was red, and he was panting.

I smirked. "No."

He growled. "First get three life vests. "

'Ha!' I thought to myself, 'I know where those are.'

"Then give on to Elizabeth, keep the other two, then wait for me HERE," he went on.

I ran back downstairs, the water going up to the bottom of my Capris. I grabbed three life vests, started running up the stairs, then slipped and fell down to the bottom. I gasped, a sharp pain shooting through my leg. The sound of the water was overpowering. I tried to stand up, only to fall back down again.

"Help!" I shouted, "somebody help me! Jace! Elizabeth! HELP!!!"

The sound of my cries fell to deaf ears and the water rose up to my sitting neck.

~A~B~C~D~E~F~G~H~I~J~K~L~M~N~O~P~Q~R~S~T~U~V~W~X~Y~Z~

Author's note: How are you? I am so happy. I got THREE comments and three votes! AND a new reader! I dedicated this to her!!!

So, since it seems easy to you guys, I decided to put another limit:

4 votes

3 comments

Can you handle it? Either that or a new reader. Thank you!!!