Sorry isn't Enough.

Friday passed flawlessly.

                I made an attempt to keep my head down whenever I could. As much as I enjoyed the people that were in this performance, I wasn’t a huge fan of being seen in it as well. Since it was the opening night, the auditorium was almost completely full. From what I could tell, it was mostly only the parents of the actors and actresses.

                I could only hope that the next day was like that.

                Joey hadn’t brought up the fact that she was going on Saturday. A small inkling of hope stirred in my gut that Rodger hadn’t actually given her the ticket, but I knew it was just wishful thinking. He’d spent his money on it. There was no way he would be backing out especially if my sister was involved in this.

                I ran a hand through my hair, staring at the ceiling above my bed.

                Next to me, my phone buzzed annoyingly.

                Rose texted me.

                ‘Are you ready for tonight?’

                I smirked, tucking a hand behind my head as I responded with the other quickly. She had looked incredibly cute in her outfit.

                ‘Yeah. Last night was a piece of cake. Today will be the same.’

                While I waited for her response, I sat up, fumbling around my room in search of clothes. I grabbed a shirt that I had worn a few days, tugging it over top of my bare chest. I left my boxers to go as my growling stomach led me out of my room and into the kitchen.

                Joey sat in her normal spot, a hand resting gently on her belly. She had the news playing on the television softly.

                “Morning kiddo.”
                I looked up from the fridge to see her staring at me. “Oh, Hey Joey.”
                “We’re out of milk. Have fun finding something to eat.”

                I pouted, standing up and leaning my hand on the door on the fridge. Hold it open, I glanced behind me, “Can’t you go out and buy me some?”

                “With what money?”

                “The money from the coin jar; I don’t know.” I whined. “I want some cereal, and we don’t have any milk.”

                “Eat it dry.”

                “That’s gross.”

                “Stop whining Mason. I’d like some damn milk too, but you don’t see me complaining this much.” She snapped, quickly losing her temper. “So shut your trap and close the damn door. I’m paying for this electricity you’re wasting.”

                I rolled my eyes, closing the fridge.

                She sucked in a deep breath, closing her eyes. “Sorry. I’m really in the mood for oatmeal, and of course we have no milk.”

                I held my hands up in defense. “I’m not the one that drank the last one. I haven’t been home long enough to do so in a while.”
                “I’m not blaming you.” She snapped, “I just wish we had some.”