Study Hall

Only a few seconds after the bell rang and most of the class had cleared out of the room. I took my time, shoving my books sloppily into my backpack before standing up and walking down the aisle. I met Rodger at the door, walking out with a quick glance over my shoulder.

                The new girl was the only one left in the room.

                “Remind me why we took this class again?” Rodger groaned as soon as we had left the room.

                I chuckled, “I was wondering that myself.”

                “I don’t give a shit for any of these stupid plays that were written a hundred years ago.” He ranted as we walked to his locker.

                “Dude, they were written well before 1910.”

                Rodger shot me a look, telling me to knock it off with the smartass. I rolled my eyes at him, standing next to his locker. I leaned against the locker next to me, watching as he traded in his books.

                “I can’t believe she thinks we’d actually join her stupid club for five fucking points.” Rodger continued to rant. He had an extreme dislike of Stein.

                I held back a comment, knowing it’d only earn me a punch in the jaw.

                Rodger slammed his locker shut forcefully, taking a step away, breathing in deeply. I rolled my eyes at his dramatic display of anger.

                “Let’s just go dude. I can’t be late again.” I said, as Rodger slung his backpack over his shoulder. He ran a hand through his hair, walking next to me.

                I had study hall next and while it was a blow off period, the teacher could be a real asshole if you were late.

                Unfortunately, being friends with Rodger meant that I was almost never on time. Rodger and I walked side by side through the hallway, pushing past the groups that formed around lockers.

                “Excuse me.” A soft voice came from behind us.

                A girl pushed in between Rodger and me, causing me to stumble slightly to the left. She rushed off, her hair blowing from how quick she was walking.

                “Oh damn!” Rodger said, holding out the cuss. “That is one fine ass that chick’s got.”

                My eyes traveled down her torso down to the round little ass tucked tightly in those jeans. I raised in eyebrow in approval.

                “Oh damn in deed.” I said.

                “I’d tap that in a heartbeat.” Rodger said.

                I smirked, “I will tap that.”

                He laughed, giving me a shove “You’re so full of it Johnson. Why would she go for you when she could have this?”

                Rodger moved his hand down his body as if showing it off.

                I rolled my eyes “I can think of plenty reasons”

                “Don’t hate, man.”

                I grinned, “Who was that?”