The Visitor

We arrived back early in the morning.

                Joey and Jason had moved into the other room that connected to ours by a single door. I made no comment to Rose that we’d have to share a room the entire evening. While the inside only had one bed, there was an eccentrically patterned arm chair resting in the corner of it.

                I unlocked the door, flicking on the light switch.

                Rose collapsed on the bed, rubbing her eyes furiously, “This feel s comfortable.”

                I chuckled to myself, locking the door behind me. Despite it being an automatic lock, I had the bolt across for safety.

                Could never be too safe in this town.

                “You going to bed, Rose?” I asked as I fell down into the arm chair. Much to my luck, it was a recliner.

                A few minutes passed in silence.

                “Rose…?” I asked softly.

                “Hmm?” She sounded as if she was on the verge of slumber.

                “Are you going to bed now or do you want to shower first?” I asked softly, leaning over her. My hand rested gently on her back. Her skin was warm underneath my touch. She rolled her shoulders, pushing herself upright.

                “I guess I should shower. I must be really gross right now…” She made a face, sliding off of the bed.

                I watched as she made her way to the bathroom. She flicked the light on and trudge in. A few seconds later I heard the water click on.

                It took all my restraint not to join her. The thought of a completely naked Rose with water running down her perky little body only a few feet away from me was enough to send me over the edge. I took a deep breath, running a hand through my hair.

                I pulled my shirt off, grabbing a blanket from the closet.

                The chair was made of stiff leather and was too small for a pillow. I pulled the handle on the side and the entire seat fell back, the bottom extending upwards for my feet. It was a little small, but I didn’t think it’d be too bad.

                I kept a small light on, but most of the room was dark.

                I was almost asleep when Rose came out of the shower in nothing but a damp towel wrapped around her body.

                “Shit.” She cussed under her breath softly.

                I opened my eyes, watching her grab the clothes she had just been wearing.

                “You want clean clothes?” I mumbled barely audibly.

                Her figure froze in my line of sight. She seemed surprised that I was awake. Hesitantly, I saw her nod, “Yeah, but you need them for tomorrow. Or ah… for later today.”

                I shrugged, “Just look in the open suit case. Anything left in there is what you can use to sleep in. I don’t mind.”

                She grabbed something and slipped back into the bathroom to change.

                I closed my eyes once again, feeling my muscles fall into relaxation. They ached from playing so much this past weekend. With closed eyes, I could still feel my body pumping, legs moving back and forth.