Chapter Five: Night on the hill

"I can't wait till the Holiday Dance!" Said Lavender.

It's been 3 weeks now since the agreement at the Sequoia and the holiday dance has finally come. Well, sorta. It's a Wednesday and it's this Friday.

"I know right?!? My favorite part is the hot chocolate they serve. It's sooooo good!!" Poppy responded.

It was lunch time and snow fell across the quad. Our group of friends were on the hill as usual.

As we sat down, I saw Blizzard who is an Ender polar bear rolling in the snow.

"Seriously Blizzard?" Said Bear who was a Nether grizzly bear.

"What? Got a problem with this?"

I shrugged. I looked over and saw Blossom, a Spirit bunny shivering next to her lunch.

"You ok Blossom?" I asked.

Her long gray ears twitched. "Im not happy with the weather right now."

"Here Blossom." Said Sky who was a Spirit bald eagle who handed her her hat.

She hopped inside and laid down. "Thanks Sky." She said happily.

"You're welcome!"

Elk who was sipping on some hot chocolate laughed. "You look cozy in there! It's funny to think it's a hat."

"Hey! Offended!" Blossom teased.

Elk rolled his eyes and sipped his hot chocolate.

When the bell rang, I went over to the Elementary section across the newly fixed bridge to find Winter. I found her laughing with Savannah by the backpack hangers.

"Ok, time to go Winter." I said.

She waved goodbye to her friend and caught up with me as I was heading towards the Runways.

"Savannah! Always saying the oddest things!" She laughed.

As we got home, I saw Mom shaking snow from her fur. "Hey girls! I made some tea if anyone wants some."

"I'll have some!" Said Winter who put down her backpack and ran into the kitchen to go get a mug.

I on the other hand went into my room and picked up Astroid's toy.

I meowed and she came out from under my bed and jumped on it. I haven't played with her for a while so I wanted to let her have some fun since she can't really go outside.

That night, I woke up to the sound of my alarm going off.

"Wonder what he'll do tonight..." I said sighing. He always does something to scare me or something weird.

I now got out of my shorts and got into sweats. Today, it was 39 degrees outside and tonight is going to be cold!!

I got ready and went to the Sequoia. Hawk wasn't there yet(again...) and I sat down to wait.

"BOOO!"

I jumped as I saw Hawk a branch above me who was laughing his head off.

"Very funny! And what are you doing with that big of a branch above your head?"

I shook the branch and snow fell on top of him.

I laughed. "Payback feels amazing!!"

His head popped out of the pile of snow and he shook out his feathers.

"Wow. Just wow." He teased as he flew down and turned back to a Nether.

I gave him a shove.

"Now what to talk about?" He said making a thinking face.