Chapter Twelve: The Christmas Present

I woke up to the sound of Winter screaming down the hall.

"AHHHHHHHHHH!"

I rolled my eyes as I heard her yell on about how many presents were under the tree.

I heard footsteps and I stared at my door.

"Oh no."

All of a sudden, Winter burst into the room yelling the song "Jingle Bells".

"WAKE UP LEOPARD! THE PRESENTS ARE IN THE HOUSE!"

I growled and put my pillow over my head. "Go away annoyance."

"TOO LATE!!!!!"

She skipped out of my room and went into the living room.

I put my hands from out of the covers. I looked at my glove covered hands and sighed.

"At least it helps."

I got out of bed and put on some clothes. I made sure that my symbol was being covered.

As I walked into the living room, I gasped.

I know why Winter screamed.

The whole lounge was filled with presents!!

"Oh...my...-"

"God." Finished Winter.

I ran up to the arm chair and stuck my hand down beneath presents until I felt something furry.

"Astroid! There you are!"

She purred a thanks and twitched her ear and made a little mew.

I meowed back and she nodded.

"What are you doing?" Said Winter who was face first into a chocolate bar.

"Talking."

She just rolled her eyes and stuffed the rest of the bar into her mouth.

Astroid started poking a small present.

Astroid is a weird breed of cat. She's a misty silver with white splotches all over her like a bunch of asteroids shooting through the sky. And the thing I love most about her is she has unique eyes. They are a bright green that seem to have a variety of silver and blue flashes as if there was a storm always in her eyes.

I smiled and opened her present to reveal a squeaky mouse toy.

She purred with excitement and carried the toy over to the couch and started playing with it.

As I settled on the couch, Dad and Mom came into the room looking tired.

"Morning girls!" Said Mom while she yawned.

"I need coffee!" Ordered Dad half asleep.

I laughed and went into the kitchen to start the coffee machine.

When I put the coffee grounds into the filter, I looked at the little Morning Glory that was sitting next to the window that overlooked the snowy treetops.