Chapter Nine: Stalker

At 12:00, I went over to the Sequoia as usual to find Hawk there half asleep.

"You seemed whipped."

He yawned. "I am. The dance was awesome though."

"See? Told ya!"

"Shut up."

I laughed.

"You know something Autumn? Ever since that incident with that creature, the one that said I was a "Fire Nether"..."

I nodded, remembering that odd encounter. "Go on..."

His eyes clouded with fear. "I've had a feeling that I'm always being watched."

My mind filled with confusion. "That's strange..."

He shivered. "Even now I feel a sense of someone watching me."

"Well duh because I'm watching you talk."

"No, like someone is watching us."

I looked around and saw nothing but trees. I turned on my night vision and I still saw nothing in sight.

"I don't see anyone."

"Autumn, you know my night vision is bad."

"Oh... right."

I didn't want to tell him but I did feel like I was being watched. It surprised me that I couldn't see anyone out there.

Then I felt like air was being forced through wings.

I gasped and grabbed Hawk's hand. "What was that?"

"Shhhhhhh!" He said in response.

We both listened but there was silence. I put my night vision on but I still saw nothing.

WWWWHHHHOOOOSSSSHHHH!!!!

I screamed as I saw Hawk's hand being yanked away from mine as he was being picked up by invisible hands.

"Hawk!!!!"

I stood up and growled. My fangs came out and I put my wings up as a sign of hostility.

"SHOW YOURSELF STALKER!!!"

Silence. I growled as I knew something was coming.

Suddenly I felt my right wing being sliced against blade-like wings.

Instant pain flooded my whole right side of my body.

I kneeled on the branches for support and I felt my breaths come out shakily.

I knew this wasn't the only act this devil would be making.

With my wing covered in cuts and blood, I got up and stood there, listening. I turned into a leopard and the pain went to my right shoulder. I growled a warning.

I felt someone or something start to fly around me fast. I tried making the creature out but the speed it was going made the figure blurry. I closed my eyes and tried timing an attack.

1....2....3!

I jumped off of the tree and landed on the creature.

It seemed to notice me and it stopped and spun around with huge swipes of claws. I dodged them and clasped its neck and held on and started clawing at its ears.

It made no sound but it turned around and I saw red eyes.

I gasped. "YOU!!!!"

It flung me off like a fly and I fell into darkness. I turned into a Nether and tried flying but the creature's marks on my wing damaged it from flying.

I felt a force impact my body and my vision went black.