Chapter Seven: The SPTC

"What the heck was that?!" Said Lavender.

We were at lunch now and Elk brought up the confrontation with the rest of the group.

"Are you sure it wasn't some joke made by the 8th graders?" Said Python who's a spirit python.

Savannah nodded. "I'm agreeing with Python on this one. This school is a staff facility. They would have caught whoever this thing is."

"You know I never thought of that." Said Elk.

"Same." Said Raven.

"Ok. More highly chance it was the 8th graders." Said Diamond, "I'll talk to my 'know-it-all' 8th graders tomorrow."

I smiled. "Thanks Diamond."

When lunch came and went, I was flying home with Winter and Lavender.

"You just had to do that this morning Winter?" I told her. 

"Yep!!" She said smiling.

Lavender rolled her eyes. "Like Banana? Really?"

"Yes. Deal with it."

"Anyway, I'll see you all tomorrow!" She said and flew off.

As Winter and I flew home, she kept talking about her day with her friends and their messed up minds.

As I landed in the Runway, I saw a Hovercraft on the landing platform.

Dad's home.

I went inside and saw him on his computer. His face was stressed and he was typing rapidly in the keyboard.

"Are you ok Dad?"

"I'm fine Sweets."

"You so are not. What's up?" I sat on the couch next to him.

My Dad works for a special society called the SPTC. Or Secret Paranormal Tracking Corporation.

He sighed. "We are getting signals of an Activated portal being lead to the Human world. We don't know if we are being attacked by the FBI or if it is just coming out of being dormant."

My eyes widened. "Please don't be another attack..."

He just stared at his computer. I saw his watch light up and a hologram lit up from a screen.

"Mr. Storm, you are needed at the base."

"Copy. Sorry Sweets. I have to go. Tell your Mom I'll be back as soon as I can."

He kissed my head and headed for the Hovercraft.

I watched as the Hovercraft pulled away and flew to the base who knows where.

I walked into my room and sat at my desk. I opened my computer and searched up SPTC.

As I was hoping for some information it just came up as "Information Unavailable."

"Dammit!"

I searched up "Humans" and for some reason and it came up in pictures.

I shuttered as I saw creatures with no wings or animals what so ever.

"How do they live?!"

When it got dark, I saw Dad come home with a relieved face.

"Did you figure it out?" I asked.

"Yes. It just got activated by some radioactive activity. Probably a microscopic earthquake."

I sighed. "Good."

When I got into bed, I saw mom come in the room.

"Excited for tomorrow night?" She asked.

I nodded. The Holiday Dance will be fun. If the weather stays nice.

"Well, get some sleep. Can't think well if you don't sleep well."

I smiled and I felt her kiss my forehead.

"Goodnight."

She walked out of my room and closed the door.

Right when she did that, my eyes closed and I fell asleep.

                    *                 *                   *

I felt a paw pat my face. I opened my eyes and saw Astroid's silver splotched pelt. She flicked her ear forwards the door and I looked at my phone.

12:02 AM.

I got out of bed and slipped on my usual night clothing and went out the back. I saw Hawk there already. Playing with his scarf.

"Hey." I said as I flew down.

He smiled. "Sup."

"No more slow dancing tonight ok?"

He laughed. "Ok I get it."

I sat down next to him and saw him oddly grabbing his left arm

"You ok?"

He sighed. "Yeah. It's just... My arm has been hurting for the past days."

"It's probably growing pains. I get them too."

"That's what I'm thinking." He responded.

"Well, are you excited about the dance?"

He shrugged. "Don't know. It's my first dance here at Moon Valley High. I don't know what it's going to be like."

"Oh trust me! You'll love it!!" I said.

He smiled. "Will you be there?"

"Of course!"

"Good."

I looked at him. I sighed. "You never learn that an agreement is an agreement."

He shook his head and laughed. "Enough with that ok?"

"Fine! Fine."

He put his arm around me. "See? Not bad!"

I rolled my eyes and let the problem be.

"At least you're not weird about it." He said.

"And I hope you keep on thinking that."

He just laughed and scooted closer to me.